Forums are back in action! ×

Waddup Nerd World :)

Hi Everyone!

My name is Christy (my family calls me Cree), I'm 17, and I am just loving the world of Nerd Fitness! I discovered it a couple days back, and after about two years of online-fitness searching and discovery I am happy to find such an informative site full of such amazing people!

I'm no newbie to the world of fitness; since my freshman year of High School I have been intrigued by health, fitness, and becoming the best athlete and person I could possibly be. I've always been a competitive athlete (Varsity Tennis Captain, Record holding Pole Vaulter in Track & Field, walk-on varsity Lacrosse player) but the lifestyle component of fitness interests me the most. I'd like to major in Health Fitness/ Kinesiology next year in College along with studying Agriculture and Conservation of Natural Resources as well. Basically I want to help make the world and the people on it become as GREAT as they can possibly be :).

I've recently beome a full blown Cavewoman (Paleo style), with the occasional pizza pasta night (dang Italian heritage) but enjoy eating fresh, natural food and believe it is essential to optimal health and happiness. Oh and I also walk around barefoot/ climb trees as much as possible :) I love reading all of Steve/ Staci's posts on the paleo lifestyle and am interested to learn more about how others integrate it into their lives as well!

I've been a distance runner, power lifting lover, Crossfitter, Parkour amature (I have a neighbor who's dad is Spiderman, Mom is a ninja, and who's days consist of flipping over things and playing outside all day, errday), Interval workout addict, and have most recently become obsessed with barefoot training. I've loved every kind of training I've ever done and obviously have a wide variety of interests, but I am really now looking to become faster, stronger, and more agile as opposed to distance training oriented.

So I guess now comes the time for my goals! I have become pretty relaxed and satisfied with my fitness level lately, but am always looking to improve and am interested in becoming a part of the Nerd Fitness Community :)

Goal #1: Run 5k as a full blown Barefoot Athlete in under 21:40 (previous 5k PR in my NIKESSS). Some may consider this long distance, I just chose it because it's my only recorded race time :)...

Goal #2: Go FULL paleo for all six weeks [This will be difficult because I will be on vacation twice this summer and SURROUNDED by many Carb loving family members, but I know I can do it :) ]. I am also making myself do this in the most positive, happy way possible (if I am enthusiatstic enough, maybe some family members will go primal with me. YAY VEGATABLES!!!).

Goal #3: Do Ten consecutive PERFECT pullups (all the way down, chin over bar)

Goal #4: Begin Journey to Minimalist Living by not "gaining" any more unessecary items (everytime I purchase something new, I will throw something unused away/ donate it/ find a better use for it!)

I honest wasn't expecting this post to be this long. My english teachers tell me I blabber in my writings a bit, yeah they're right...ANYWAY there are the goals and there is my story! I hope to beome faster, stronger, happier, and more conservative through this process. It's summer time, the weather is fine, and I have nothing but opportunity to become more fit, strong, and ENTHUSIASTIC about what I'm doing and hopefully what I'll help a few of my family members do as well! Thanks everyone, hit me up if we have some common interests!!

**PS I also LOVE extreme sports! I Snowboard, Ski, Skateboard, wakeboard, Surf, and willing hopfully be ski diving/ cliff jumping in the near future :))

-Fit2BCree

Waddup world of Cree

Go for gold!

You've got it all planned out, be enthusiastic about it and i'm betting those around you will start noticing.

welcome!

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Archived