Forums are back in action! ×

Jiggly Adventurer today, mountainous Warrior tomorrow!

Well, maybe not tomorrow, but that's the goal! Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in and introduce myself to you folks here at the awesomeness that is Nerd Fitness.

I'm a 33 year-old husband and brand-spankin' new father to a baby boy. I'm not exactly "new" to fitness and healthy living...but let's just say my experiences to this point have been intellectual rather than practical :) That is, I KNOW what I have to do to get strong and eat right, but I haven't consistently DONE those things. Rather predictably, I have a few more jiggly bits than I care for!

No more. Now, I will DO.

For now, then, I'm an Adventurer setting out on my first fully-fledged quest. Starting attributes:

Male

33 years old

6'5"

235 lbs

20.1 % body fat

The goal: Big ol' Warrior. Strong like bull. 230 lbs. 18 % body fat or lower.

So...game ON!

Also, this place (NF) rocks my socks. Love it! Steve and crew, well done.

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Welcome!

When was your son born? I've got a two month old (my first)!

Almost a month ago now (May 25). My first as well! Super pumped to see what the little man grows in to. Also, super pumped to see 4 hours of sleep in a row again :)

Ha! Good luck with that! We just got our first 4.5 hour chunk (and I'm under no illusions that this is going to be the new normal!)... He's still pulling 3 hours routinely.

Ya - I feel pretty lucky that I even get that on some nights :) Makes waking up for the early morning trips to the gym a bit more challenging :)

Congrats! On both being a new Papa and on joining the Rebellion!

And congratulations to you, as well! Saw your post about your goals, and love the one about the 5k. I found a C25k program immensly helpful when I was running (well, jogging if we're being honest :).

Good luck!

Archived