Forums are back in action! ×

Protein powder

JamesAE

I am looking to bulk up a bit and want to get some protein powder. Just a few questions:

1) what's a good price for the stuff?

2) what's your favourite (if you use it)?

3) how much weight would I expect to gain, for example, from a 1kg tub?

4) anyone who does solely bodyweight stuff, do you use it?

I do a body weight routine and also take whey protein. I've noticed some difference, but I think that might be more because my protein intake was horribly low.

I just got a tub of Optimum Nutrition's Double Rich Chocolate today. That stuff is freaking delicious, even with just mixing it with water.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

I got some protein powder a few weeks ago and will start using it as a breakfast replacement for those mornings I just don't have time to cook up scrambled eggs and veggies. I'm not actively building muscle (yet), but I do find that breakfast really helps balance my appetite for the rest of the day. I suppose I'll just use whatever I bought and research better options in the meantime. I've seen a LOT of different recommendations for powders on this site, so it seems to be a matter of individual taste, and how much you want to limit your carbs/sucralose/etc.

Mossi

Half Elf Adventurer (Ranger/Druid)

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Mossi attacks the darkness

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

I can't live without protein powder. For anyone looking to build or maintain their muscle, it's a must. Doesn't matter what type of exercise you do (bodyweight or gym).

Everyone, myself included raves over Optimum Nutrition's protein powder - for good reason. It's high quality and simply tastes great. The powder just dissolves in water - no messy clumps. You can't go wrong. I would recommend the Pro Complex formula because it's a combination long action and slow acting protein. Only downside about ON products is that they are a bit on the pricey side - but really, as they saying goes "you get what you pay for. "

Protein powder is great for bulking. The bane of bulkers is making sure they are getting enough calories. By "drinking" your calories, it makes it easier for you to be at your caloric surplus.

Here's a tip:

Add high fat milk and peanut butter to your shake if you need the extra calories and proteins.

Latest: How to Get a Beach Bod in Only 15 Minutes a Day http://fitforlifepledge.com

Archived