Forums are back in action! ×

Ranger Danger? I aspire to be him when I grow up

No, really. He's kinda my hero: helpful and relaxed.

The story:

Late 30s (when did that happen?), geek adjacent, Whedon fangirl.

This happened:

"Why are you working out? You're in great shape already!"

"No, my shape is good. That's not the same thing at all."

I wanna be GI Jane, if she were Tank Girl, when I grow up. My partner took me bouldering once, and I fell in love. But I couldn't do it 'cos my strength was for bupkis. I wanna be able to do that. I wanna do a Spartan Beast without actually being worried I might die. I wanna show my friends that if *I* can do it - a former 2-pack-a-day smoker for 23 (!!) years keyboard warrior who's never exercised - can become the kind of dame who can slay the Spartan...

Seriously: anyone can.

Besides: the first rule of Zombieland is cardio. No brainmunchers are gonna take me out 'cos I can't out run them.

And I'm so, so excited to have found this place.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

I hear you on all counts. I just quit smoking (nicotine free for a month after 22 years) and I'm training for a Tough Mudder event in Sept. I'm not only going to run it, I'm going to kick its ass.

Welcome!

EightDigit - Level 1 Dwarven RangerSTR: 3 | DEX : 3 | STA : 3 | CON : 2 | WIS : 2 | CHA : 2Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade.-Rudyard KiplingBattleLog | G+ Account 

I hear you on all counts. I just quit smoking (nicotine free for a month after 22 years) and I'm training for a Tough Mudder event in Sept. I'm not only going to run it, I'm going to kick its ass.

Welcome!

Congrats on kicking the habit - sometimes, now, I see old pictures of me with a cigarette and think "oh, gods, how did I DO that for so long? That looks SO WEIRD."

The Mudder here was in May - there's one in April that I might shoot for too ^__^

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

awesome job on kicking the habit!!! and as long as you keep at it you know you will slay the Spartan \m/

and I have to laugh at the Ranger Danger thing, he used to host the kids hour on tv every afternoon; so in between the Anamaniacs and Batman the Animated Series we were treated with this hahaha;

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Ha! My Ranger Danger comes from Burning Man - he kinda kicked off a whole subset of burn-y folks who like to be helpful.

But then, there's also Aragon, who is, of course, amazeballs.

So I wanna be a combo of the two of them, but with a killer rack.

awesome job on kicking the habit!!! and as long as you keep at it you know you will slay the Spartan \m/

and I have to laugh at the Ranger Danger thing, he used to host the kids hour on tv every afternoon; so in between the Anamaniacs and Batman the Animated Series we were treated with this hahaha;

Archived