Forums are back in action! ×

Sewing Woot

skulblaka

Yesterday I successfully adapted a dress that's been in my closet for 6 years into something I'll wear all the time by adding a sash to the back to help define the waist, replacing some elastic, and building in pockets. Best of all? All done with material I ALREADY HAD! So for free, I got a summer outfit that I'm super-excited about.

W00t!

Emily, the Elven Adventurer
STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2.5

Current Challenge

Starting over at Level 1!

YayAY! As someone else who sews - I congratulate you :)

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

Stitch-goddesses - yay!

Deffo wanna see pictures! Gimme! (I love modifications on existing stuff - so fulfilling!)

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Thanks for the congrats! I've learned most of my garment construction through knitting and "take-apart" so it's pretty exciting to be able to take something apart and then put it back together better than before! I wasn't sure how to embed pictures in a forum post, so I wrote up a post over on my blog with the pictures and the process: over here! Thank god for integration of google services making it very easy to embed pictures!

It's awesome to see other NF crafters out there! I love girly clothes, but hate that they never have pockets, because I HATE carrying a purse, so one of my personal goals this summer is to add pockets to a bunch of skirts so I have a wardrobe I can truly be happy with!

Current Challenge

YAY FOR SEWING! I rarely end up with a garment I can't adapt into wearability. That said, if you're into things with pockets I cannot recommend this site enough:

www.eshakti.com

Enough - tons of the formal/business appropriate dresses I have from there have POCKETS in them. And they do custom sizing for free, so girls with more boob than 'normal', or big hips, or who're short or tall, or whatever, can get clothes that ACTUALLY ARE DESIGNED FOR THEIR SIZE! And bonus, done in fare-wage facilities (from what my research indicates). Yeah, I'm just pimping my favorite clothing site... but POCKETS!! IN FORMAL CLOTHES!!!! I'm easily excited.

'Roos, that's AWESOME! I don't really have time to add pockets to everything I buy, so that's soooo cool. I think I've just figured out where I'm spending all my money...

tigersheart, you can have one too! Also thanks for the congrats :)

Current Challenge

That is awesome!

And, as I tackle my clutter to gain a sewing room, inspiring.

Also, too, adorable dog is indeed adorable.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Archived