Forums are back in action! ×

Making an effort (newbie)!

I discovered nerdfitness when a friend of mine shared a link on facebook, and thought that the site and the whole community's great!

Actually inspired me to get off my lazy bum and make an effort. It's been about a 2.5 weeks and I've lost about 2 lbs so far! hoping to lose 5 by the end of the month!

For diet: I've cut out most carbs (rice, bread, pasta) and been having a lot of veggies, eggs, fish, tofu and poultry. I'm still having dairy (cheese, milk) and oatmeal and cereals though... not sure if I should cut those out completely as I approach the last week and want to lose 3 more lbs! Not much fruit, as I know it's sugar, so I'll ease that in by the end of the month. I have had some "cheats" like sweet tofu dessert, special K cereal, and a skinny vanilla latte.

For exercise: Been trying to work out at least 2-3x per week for over 20 min. Not much, I know, but for an absolute newbie I figure it's better than nothing!

To be honest I was hoping I wouldve lost 3 lbs by now, so I'm slightly discouraged... but guess I need to keep at it and work out more. MAKING AN EFFORT HERE :) wish me luck! x

Archived