Forums are back in action! ×

Being a Mom should not be an excuse, it should be a motivator!

I am Anu. 27 years old. 185 pounds. 5'6". 30% BMI. Not happy with this.

Amature Nerd. Full blown fantasy addict (Eddings is my favorite, hence my Cherek race...though I wish I were Drasnian), I've dabble in all things Nerd but as I am perpetually the nerdiest person in the room, I've never had an opportunity to associate with fellow nerds and hone my skills. I hope this changes one day, but until it does I guess I will continue to make LotR references in meetings that amuse only me.

Former Swimmer. I started swimming before I started school. I was a butterflier and distance freestyler. I could benchpress my body weight and do handstand pushups (against a wall). I also ran cross country. I opted out of swimming in college in favor of a better education where I dabbled in rowing, water polo, kung fu, and drinking. I took my fitness for granted and thought I was "fat" O_o. I refuse to let HS be the peak of my physical fitness.

Comfort Eater. This habit started in highschool but with my youthful metabolism and 4+ hours a day of swimming/cross training it wasn't a "problem". Now that my activity has dropped to near nothing I am paying for all those zebra cakes and cheetos that I eat when I'm stressed/sad/nervous/bored. I KNOW this is bad. I'm trying to change, but this is my greatest challange.

Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (Mongolia). The 3 years I spent in Mongolia changed my life. I became confident in who I was on the inside. I ate like a Mongol (lots of meat, little-no processed foods) and lost weight with out trying. I lived like a Mongol and toned up from chopping wood, getting water from the well, squatting in the outhouse, walking everywhere! I learned that while I liked teaching, I loved teaching first grade! I met the man who would become my husband. Then we moved to the US where southern breakfasts, a desk job, and westernized life reversed all the positive changes. I loved it and miss it everyday.

First Time Mom. My son is my life. I didn't realize you could love someone so much. It is amazing. I want to be able to play with him and teach him how to live a healthy life ... but how can I do that if I can keep up and aren't living healthy myself? That realization was the wake up call I needed, and what prompted me to join the Rebellion. It is so easy to use my status as a new mom as an excuse to let myself go, but it shouldn't be.

NF Newbie. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything and will make mistakes no doubt. I encourage you to be hard on me, call me out, correct my mistakes. I'm tough I can handle it, and from what I've seen from lurking you all do it to be supportive! It is so refreshing to find a forum that is more or less drama/snark free! I wish I had found you all sooner, but I don't think I was at a point in my life where I could fully embrace the NF philosophy until now.

Wannabe Assassin. This will be more difficult as Ranger would be more of a fit for my body type, but a girl can dream. And if any of you are looking for a sidekick to impart your NF wisdom too/help keep you on the right path let me know.

Cherek Adventurer

"Nothing that's really worthwhile should be easy...If it's easy, we don't value it" --Eriond

Score! Another Mum here. I can totally relate to dropping quotes from my favorite nerdy movies or literature and have everyone look at me funny. Sometime I think only my hubby gets me<sigh>

My daughter(2yo) motivates me a lot to make changes. I want her to feels its natural to put the right fuel in her body and push her physical limits.

Welcome and good luck!

[TABLE=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DragonBorne Adventurer

STR 4.5 DEX 4 STA 4.5 CON 5.25 WIS 8 CHA 3

"Time for some thrilling heroics." Jayne Cobb

Current Challenge My Fitness Pal

[/TABLE]

I can't tell you how happy I was to join NF and find so many moms here. Hooray for Geek Moms! (I've got a 9 month old boy, and I need all the workouts I can get to keep him out of trouble.)

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Good luck with your goals and congratulations on becoming a mom. My wife and I don't have any kids of our own but I am everyone's favorite uncle. My nieces and nephews definitely are motivating me to get in better shape. Not only so I can keep up with them and play but also so I can be around for them when they get older.

[table=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eric the Old

Level 1 Assassin

My Challenge Thread | My Runkeeper Link

Str 2 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 3 | Wis 3 | Cha 3

[/table]

Hello - I'm a bit geeky....not fully current on fantasy....but I have a past that is hidden, and comes out now and then!

WildRoss(husband) and I raised 5 children...I homeschooled them(is that geeky or nerdy enough?), and now we have three grandchildren.

I put me on the back burner for so long....and I can see some of my bad health habits in our girls...and now, I have little to no influence on how they live their lives....UNLESS I CHANGE MINE!

Welcome!

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Being a mom is the perfect motivator. Kids learn by example, so healthy parents often = healthy kids. Personally, for my own vanity's sake, I want to be the "hawt mom" or the one that people look at and say, "I can't believe she has three kids!"

I'm definitely a comfort eater too. Something I need to get under control ASAP too.

Welcome, and good luck!

]First Time Mom. My son is my life. I didn't realize you could love someone so much. It is amazing. I want to be able to play with him and teach him how to live a healthy life ... but how can I do that if I can keep up and aren't living healthy myself? That realization was the wake up call I needed, and what prompted me to join the Rebellion. It is so easy to use my status as a new mom as an excuse to let myself go, but it shouldn't be.

I'm a first time dad (I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately) and I used my "status" to let myself go, but I too want to teach my son how to live a healthy life. I'm so on the same page with you here! Good luck!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Being a mom is the perfect motivator. Kids learn by example, so healthy parents often = healthy kids. Personally, for my own vanity's sake, I want to be the "hawt mom" or the one that people look at and say, "I can't believe she has three kids!"

I'm definitely a comfort eater too. Something I need to get under control ASAP too.

Welcome, and good luck!

I'm pretty sure you meant to say, *I AM the HAWT MOM!*

Thanks for all the support guys! I was finally able to make it back to the library and read all of your responses :) Its great to see that I'm not the only parent who struggles...all the Moms I work with looked better after giving birth than I did before I got pregnant, and the rest of my IRL friends tell me that I'm fine just the way I am :upset:

Now I have even more motivation to make a daily jog to the library...exercise and NF!!!

Cherek Adventurer

"Nothing that's really worthwhile should be easy...If it's easy, we don't value it" --Eriond

Archived