Forums are back in action! ×

Welcome to my life.

-Update in Post #4-

Hello

I’m just starting out, again, but for the first time, you know? I feel like I have never given it all of my effort. The older I get, the more I realize that the last 2/3 of my life need to be better than ever. I feel that can only be accomplished with good health. There is a lot I want to achieve, and I need the tools to do that. This includes a working body.

I’ve looked around quite a bit, reading the rules and challenge forums. I must say, it is a bit intimidating, but mostly, it is very motivating.

Some of my objectives:
• Weigh in @<150#@5’7â€
• Stick to healthy eating choices.
• Drink ½ my weight in oz. of water per day.
• Exercise (for fun) 4-5 days each week.
• Spend quality time with my kids.
• Be healthy for my kids, sexy for my husband, and confident for myself.

Currently:
• Weigh in @≥230#@5’7â€
• Feel I make healthy choices ½ of my day.
• Drink only 36oz. water per day.
• Exercise 1 day per week.
• Feel I am not living up to my potential as a mother or wife.

I appreciate all encouragement and advice along my 2/3 lifetime journey. I’ve spent way too much time in town, I need to get out into the field and fight.

Those look like great goals to me. Making exercise fun is important. When I was trying to get myself moving again I got the XBOX Kinect. The Adventure game that comes with it is lots of fun and lots of exercise. I was surprised by how much my wife enjoys it, she isn't into video games much. I was very surprised how much my mother-in-law enjoys playing it when she visits too.

[table=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eric the Old

Level 1 Assassin

My Challenge Thread | My Runkeeper Link

Str 2 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 3 | Wis 3 | Cha 3

[/table]

Update

My goals and stats have not changed from the first post.

Over the last year I was diagnosed with IIH (Idiopathic intracranial hypertension or pseudotumor cerebri). If you are curious I will let you look it up, no need to fill this with the information.

Meds aren't working - and the side-effects over the last year sucked.. so back to trying to manage weight to control my health. My other current option is to basically undergo a procedure to digest my own spinal fluid.

Paleo or Borg?

Let's try this again..

Archived