Forums are back in action! ×

Things Just Got Real

Hi I'm a 44 year old guy and I am very determined to whip my body into shape. My goals are simply to be healthy and to be able to enjoy life more. I would like to go back to doing all the things I took for granted in my younger days, like windsurfing, skiing, rock-climbing, and just about any other sport that involves being outside and using gravity, wind, surf and body power to have a good time. Unfortunately, I mostly neglected my body over the past 15+ years leading a sedentary life while I focused on my career. Just to make matters worse my main hobby has been video gaming. Sure I had lots of fun raiding and pwning newbs but it just compounded my unhealthy lifestyle.

My priorities changed late last year when I started getting some very troubling symptoms. I turns out I had a hiatal hernia, GERD, gastritis, and way too much stress but it felt like a heart attack and I was certain at one point that I was done for. After that experience I decided that I needed to do everything I can to be healthy for myself and the people who rely on, and love, me.

I found this web site while I was researching the Paleo diet a few months ago. It definitely helped motivate me to not only improve my health but to also improve my lifestyle. Since being on the Paleo diet and doing a little exercise all of my blood test numbers are back to the healthy range and I am very close to my healthy weight range. I'm not sure if I will be able to get on a windsurf board this summer but that is my goal.

[table=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eric the Old

Level 1 Assassin

My Challenge Thread | My Runkeeper Link

Str 2 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 3 | Wis 3 | Cha 3

[/table]

Archived