Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Up North!

Hi all! So here we go....I just started taking the steps I need to in order to achieve a healthier lifestyle and start living the leveled up life. Found this blog from a list of "best fitness blogs" and have been devouring the awesome posts since! My goal is to lose about 80 pounds, and having struggled with weight most of my life I know that I can't do it alone...so here I am!

A little about me: I live in Alaska and watched the sun set at 11.33 last night (Happy Solstice!). I love hiking and biking (ideal activities in AK), playing volleyball and softball and occasionally tennis. I'd say I'm a pretty active individual, and have been my entire life. So I've always been super frustrated when it came to losing weight and keeping it off because I didn't understand how I could be moving so much and still weighing so much. I think I always "knew" that I needed to eat better, but I didn't know where to start or how to do it the right way, and I've always felt like I was surrounded by people who didn't have to watch what they ate so why should I?

Well, at 23, I'm finally at the point where I don't want to be like everyone else. I don't want to mindlessly ingest food and alcohol and feel like crap (weird, right?). I also want to be a motivating force for family and friends, to show them that hell, if I can do it so can they! So hello to everyone and I'm excited to start my quest for a healthier life. Here's to Leveling Up!:smug:

Thanks! And hey, it's never too late right? Kudos to you for getting after it and good luck to you as well!

Also, for everyone, I'm thinking either Assassin or Scout....during the summer I'm definitely an outdoorsy person. Softball, sand volleyball, hiking, kayaking, camping, etc. Plus, I gotta soak up enough sun to last me through the winter, and I don't have access to a gym in the summer. I'd also like to start doing biking and running in the morning on a regular basis, both things I enjoy doing when I'm in shape (key phrase there!). Just in this last week I've been aching to get more active because my diet is so much better and it gives me tons more energy.

Archived