Forums are back in action! ×

Hardest Homework Assignment Ever....

SusieBlu

...maybe. For me at least this is one of the hardest I have done and I need to rant.

I have to do a narrated PowerPoint so like a presentation but not. It is a organization behaviors class so somehow I have to include all the stuff I learn into a hypothetical situation where some really awesome business leader comes into a not so awesome organization and fixes it. Kinda vague? yeah my thoughts too.

So in the search for a organization that can use some fixing I found none. Surprise surprise you can't google "businesses that need a leadership change and actually get helpful results". Bah. So after asking the professor for help (btw this is an online course) she said write on your organization. Okay good idea, not really because the assignment doesn't really work of military units. But that is what I am doing.

Now I have all these ideas in my head on what I want to do, who I going to write one, and how to organize it but I am having trouble with the oh so important citation and backing up your statements.

Unfortunately, the hardest part is the narration. I write a slide then narrate it and it takes me twenty minutes to talk out less then a minute recording because I miss up, restart, finish, not like how I sound, repeat. Seriously why couldn't it be a 15-20 page research paper on the topic. Not a 18-22 slide show.

Oh and I have until Sunday to turn this in and it is worth 35% of my grade.

*breath* okay I am done. now back to work.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Now I have all these ideas in my head on what I want to do, who I going to write one, and how to organize it but I am having trouble with the oh so important citation and backing up your statements.

I'd recommend double checking with the professor to see, since the presentation is about hypothetical changes, how this should be handled. It seems like citations/evidence for a pretend presentation would be significantly different than for an actual research report.

As an aside, when I took Organizational Behaviors, I nicknamed it: "Manipulation 101" to keep it all in perspective. So, my advice might be a bit jaded/bad.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

what about government at a state or county level, they always have an interesting mix of outside/inside pressures/motivator/detractors and it should be easy enough to make it hypothetical. Plus you have numerous examples to pull from in everyday life, choose the best ones and pack them into your hypothetical government/agency

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Archived