Forums are back in action! ×

Time to get serious

Hullo! 22 yr old, scrawny computer nerd named Kyle Wolff. I've always treated being healthy as a joke, never really taking it serious. Y'know, do my best to eat healthy but still shoving way too many chips, sodas, etc. down my gullet. Now? I have roughly 30 days until going to bootcamp for the U.S. Navy and its time to get my life together and not mess this up. Currently I'm 119 lbs at 5'9" and I could myself lucky to be able to do a whopping 10 push ups without my arms falling off. So, I've two goals in mind.

Diet: Cutting back and removing all those wonderfully evil treats like sodas, chips, y'know, stuff you shouldn't be eating to begin with (whether or not you want to be in shape or not)

Exercise: Well, this one's tougher of course. Physically, I'm not strong. At all. How well I can do in about 30 days I'm not sure, but all I can say is I'll definitely be training as a Ranger with the Rebel Strength Guide as a basis for starting.

Salute to any active members or veterans of the military out there. I'm going Navy ATF/IT and hopefully will be more than happy to serve far more than the base four years.

Welcome and thank you for volunteering

Definitely clean up the diet where you can. Focus on protein to build what muscle you can in 30 days.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

First, thank you for your service! I have a friend that just recently went to boot camp as well.

The best advice I can give is consistent full-body work outs. Things like squats, lunges, deadlifts, chin ups, pushups, etc. If you're sticking to it and doing it consistently 3-4 days a week with maybe a little added cardio, I think you'll see your strength go way up in 30 days. Start small if you feel like you're really out of shape, and build on it each week. And remember to set those goals! I would suggest each week choosing to start something new, since you don't have a lot of time. So week one, you work out 3 times a week. Week 2, you work out 3 times a week and take grains out of your diet (or whatever you choose to do food wise...I suggest high protein and veggies to try to bulk up). Week 3, add cardio to your off days, etc. Do what works for you and remember to listen to your body.

Don't get overwhelmed by the perhaps looming fact you only have 30 days till boot camp. Just take it one day at a time! Best of luck!

Archived