Forums are back in action! ×

HELLOOOOOO NERDFITNESS :D!

Helloooooooo NerdFitness members!

To introduce, my name is Brooke and I'm a Blonde-haired, Blue-eyed, tall and quite a tanned 17-year-old male from Australia.

I'm joining NerdFitness today because I'm waaaay overdue to "level-up my life" and so ready to kick things into gear.

I realise my age may reflect some naivety and inexperience, some of you may even say "you're still growing, give it time",

but I don't care, I'm sick of being the scrawny thin kid and I'm willing to try hard; as this is perhaps the 2nd biggest goal I have made

for myself in my lifetime, I'm sticking with it and have mapped out all the right options.

I'm currently six foot tall, and weigh 70kgs. (Don't quote me on that, It's been a while and we don't have a set of scales in the house (yet!))

I'm in my last year at high-school, studying hard to get into Dentistry. I don't play ANY sport at all, and that decided by following NerdFitness I'm going to

be able to accomplish being able to look more physically attractive (MUSCLE!) and be in good health and have lot's of energy for when exams come around.

(In effect, two birds with one stone).

Basically, I'm imagining myself looking like Tom Felton after some solid effort.

I bought myself the "Rebel STRENGTH" guide, in the hope of packing on some pounds.

I will be starting off with Basic Training and closely following the "Bulk-Up Meal Plan."

I have the support of my girlfriend but I would love the support of you guys also!

I'll post questions should I have any, and keep this thread updated!

Cheers!

Brooke.

What's the point in living, if you can't feel alive? 

FB Battle Log

Welcome! I wish I had gotten serious about exercise/diet/strength training at your age. What a great start!

Thank-you Kelly :D.

I do have a question; with regard to the "Basic Training" workout regime, in the table it's listed like:

MONDAY:

WORKOUT A

WORKOUT B

WORKOUT A

WORKOUT B

Does that mean we have to do four work-outs a day?

FB Battle Log

I'll have to pull up my guide on my laptop tomorrow. Normally Steve says workouts should be about 30-45 minutes. Can you gauge from that? If not, I'll look tomorrow and post back my opinion, as I've never done that one.

In the meantime, anyone else with experience with that workout will hopefully chime in! :)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

I'll have to pull up my guide on my laptop tomorrow. Normally Steve says workouts should be about 30-45 minutes. Can you gauge from that? If not, I'll look tomorrow and post back my opinion, as I've never done that one.

In the meantime, anyone else with experience with that workout will hopefully chime in! :)

Yeah, one session was about that long. I could never do four of them anyway xD.

Cheers.

FB Battle Log

Did you get the PDF that goes with that spreadsheet? My PDF gives a calendar - is that what you're looking at? The way I read it, it's a four-week rotation. So week one you do workout a on mon and fri. Then workout b on wed. All you're doing is alternating a and b. So since you ended week 1 on workout a, week 2 you do workout b twice, on mon and fri.

Or, you can choose any day. Looks like you need at least one rest day between three workouts a week, alternating a and b.

Make sense?

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Did you get the PDF that goes with that spreadsheet? My PDF gives a calendar - is that what you're looking at? The way I read it, it's a four-week rotation. So week one you do workout a on mon and fri. Then workout b on wed. All you're doing is alternating a and b. So since you ended week 1 on workout a, week 2 you do workout b twice, on mon and fri.

Or, you can choose any day. Looks like you need at least one rest day between three workouts a week, alternating a and b.

Make sense?

Yeah, I got it. Thanks Kelly :D.

FB Battle Log

Archived