Forums are back in action! ×

obese man loses custody of children

airen123

Saw this in my local news earlier in the week. From what I've read, I think there's a lot more going on here. It's true that an obese man lost custody of his kids - but it is not necessarily true that this man lost custody of his kids due to his obesity. He even is quoted saying that he "believes" his obesity was part of the determining factors.

That being said, I don't see why it shouldn't be a determining factor. He says that he was in a bad relationship and "almost ate himself to death." Well, if he's doing that to himself, what kind of care do you think his kids were getting at the time?

Right now, some people close to me are dealing with some pretty messy custody things. It's never black and white, and it's never easy to prove whether someone should have custody or not. But I have learned one thing for sure: If you "love your kids wholeheartedly", it doesn't mean you are fit to care for them. It takes a lot more than love.

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

Saw this in my local news earlier in the week. From what I've read, I think there's a lot more going on here. It's true that an obese man lost custody of his kids - but it is not necessarily true that this man lost custody of his kids due to his obesity. He even is quoted saying that he "believes" his obesity was part of the determining factors.

That being said, I don't see why it shouldn't be a determining factor. He says that he was in a bad relationship and "almost ate himself to death." Well, if he's doing that to himself, what kind of care do you think his kids were getting at the time?

Right now, some people close to me are dealing with some pretty messy custody things. It's never black and white, and it's never easy to prove whether someone should have custody or not. But I have learned one thing for sure: If you "love your kids wholeheartedly", it doesn't mean you are fit to care for them. It takes a lot more than love.

This is local for me, too. Ottawa, represent. One of the articles actually quoted him as saying that he'd lost something on the order of 180-200lbs and had also quit smoking marijuana... Which seems to me to indicate that there may have been other factors involved.

Archived