Forums are back in action! ×

What to eat when sick?

LordOfTime

I started feeling nauseous yesterday and it came back after my run today. I was super hungry so I started eating some leftover scrambled eggs w/ veggies chicken and potatoes, but after a few bites I started to feel sick again. Any recommendations for paleo-friendly bland food to eat until my stomach settles down?

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

I'd try a banana, or microwave a sweet potato for 5 minutes. I do know the feeling - I usually just sip water for a while until the idea of food isn't completely revolting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." - Teddy Roosevelt

You can make a really easy, paleo friendly egg drop soup. Chicken stock, eggs, scallions. If you want you add spicy things (I do this when I need to clear out my sinuses and don't do this when I am sick to my stomach). It won't be thick like the ones you get at chinese restaurants b/c it doesn't have cornstarch in it, but it's still yummy.

2 cups chicken stock

1 egg (or more if you want)

scallions to taste (optional)

peppers to taste (optional)

scramble your eggs (you can add salt and pepper to these if you desire, I use white pepper so it doesn't show up in the soup) set aside. heat up the broth to boiling, while that is heating, cook finely chopped scallions/peppers and then set aside. When your soup is at a rapid boil, drop your veggies in, then take the bowl with your eggs and a fork. You're going to pour your eggs through the fork about 8 inches above the pan. Do this while moving the bowl and fork COUNTER clockwise. When your eggs are stringy and through stir your soup for a minute or less ALSO COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. This will give you the long thin strands of egg rather than tiny shreds of egg. If you want shreds pour through the fork one direction and stir the other.

Enjoy. It will be yummy. (I also make this when I'm not sick).

Feel better!

Halfling Female Ranger

STR - 4 ~ DEX - 3 ~ STA - 5 ~ CON - 2 ~ WIS - 3 ~ CHA - 2

Thanks for the suggestions!

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

Instead of making another thread I will just ask here, I hope that's okay. What foods should I eat when I have the flu (you know the cold, plus the pressure in head, all that stuff)?

When I have the flu, I use a recipe similar to what slcathena posted. I just drop the eggs and add diced fresh jalapenos and massive amounts of Sri Racha. Usually clears my head up for a bit.

EightDigit - Level 1 Dwarven RangerSTR: 3 | DEX : 3 | STA : 3 | CON : 2 | WIS : 2 | CHA : 2Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade.-Rudyard KiplingBattleLog | G+ Account 

Instead of making another thread I will just ask here, I hope that's okay. What foods should I eat when I have the flu (you know the cold, plus the pressure in head, all that stuff)?

I get plenty of water and multivitamins. Try to keep my protein intake up so the illness doesn't cost me too much strength - I go for really nice, bland protein sources when I'm ill, like hard boiled eggs, or plain yogurt with some unflavoured or vanilla protein powder mixed in. Other than that, maybe some bananas, or whole wheat toast.

Or, if I'm not queasy at all but I do have the whole Evil Headcold thing going on, I'll try to get some really spicy foods to clear my sinuses. There was a chinese place near me growing up that did a Hot & Sour Soup that was a miracle cure.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Also, if you really can't keep anything down, white rice is the best thing for stomach flu or food poisoning. Not strictly paleo, but when I had the stomach flu for a week, it was the only thing I could keep down, when even plain water wouldn't.

Selkie Warrior
Level 2, STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 2.8 | CON: 4 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2.5

Shoshie's "Getting Awesome" Challenge 
Shoshie's "Just Hanging Around" Challenge

Archived