Forums are back in action! ×

In need of simplicity

Hey there! My name is Emily, and I'm a 22-year-old student in Pennsylvania. When I was in high school, I wasn't skinny, but I was at a healthy weight (thanks, band camp/musical theater). Once I got into college, I maintained my weight pretty well until about a year and a half ago... when I turned 21... hmmmm...

But it wasn't only the booze that defeated me. It was also the midnight runs to WaWa, fatty hangover foods, and complete and total lack of any form of exercise. About two months ago, I was the heaviest I've ever been (almost 190 lbs on my 5'6" frame). I joined WeightWatchers and the YMCA to lose weight, and I've lost about 15 lbs since then. However, I've hit a slump where I just don't have motivation any more. You see, I hate tracking. I seriously don't have the attention span for it hahaha... also, I had no real solid goal besides, "Lose 40 lbs... eventually". It also didn't help that I had no idea how to properly exercise. After reading a bunch of articles on this website, I've finally gained some momentum back, and I feel better prepared to attack the fat monster again and hopefully defeat him once and for all!

I'm joining the new 6 Week Challenge (only five weeks for me at this point, but I'll adjust my goals accordingly). The idea of simplifying everything down to four manageable goals really comforts me. I'll be using the Angry Birds Workout as a part of the challenge, as well as two diet goals that I'm still mulling over.

I'm super excited to get started, and I can't wait to meet you all! Cheers!

Emily

Emily
Human Adventurer
STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 1 CON: 2 WIS: 4 CHA: 3

Welcome!

Like a lot of people on here, I'm a big advocate of the Paleo diet, and I think it would do you a world of good. You never have to track ANYthing, you can pretty much eat whenever you want and (within the bounds of reason) as much as you want, the variety is tremendous, you'll feel better mentally, and the weight falls off. Other than the fact that I really miss bread from time to time, I've never had a bad thing to say about it, and I don't miss the 15 pounds I've lost on it either.

Steve has some great introductory articles on the site about it, if you haven't looked into it yet. Combine it with some body weight exercises, and you'll be posting in the Woot Room in a month.

I've looked into it, and it sounds majorly appealing on the tracking front hahaha. I'm more easing into it right now, tho. Cutting out most of my carbs, upping the protein and veggies. I'm going to track online every day (sans calories), then assess my habits in five weeks. This kind of change is easier for me to handle. We'll see how it goes from there =)

Emily
Human Adventurer
STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 1 CON: 2 WIS: 4 CHA: 3

Archived