Forums are back in action! ×

BJJ GOLD! (gi & no gi)

xxnu

Rolled in the South East Queensland BJJ Champs on Saturday in the Blue Belt Super Heavy Weight division (92-98kg)

Didn't expect much, entered as a learning experience more than anything else, but ended up winning 2 gold for my troubles!

WOOT!

Won the Gi final in 30 secs (Gi Choke submission - no youtube video of it though)

c3f3bd88bd1611e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

post-3398-13567244239959_thumb.jpg

post-3398-13567244239959_thumb.jpg

Very nice work.

I'm just going to go ahead and drop this right here...

bjjgoldsmall.jpg

In that first no-gi video you posted up it looks to me like your opponent should have been penalised for that leg lock attempt early on. I guess that's the way it goes.

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

Very nice work.

I'm just going to go ahead and drop this right here...

bjjgoldsmall.jpg

In that first no-gi video you posted up it looks to me like your opponent should have been penalised for that leg lock attempt early on. I guess that's the way it goes.

Yeah, I've been told that, I didn't think it was legal either, it was a calf crank... hurt, but then I realised it wasn't getting any worse so just decided to pass it. The guys face as he realised I was coming back up and through towards him was funny... could just see he was like "WTF?!"

That from Saturday as well? What divs? (and congratulations to you too!)

That from Saturday as well? What divs? (and congratulations to you too!)

Mine was for absolute gi and no-gi (erm beginner though :P).

Actually I have a question if you don't mind. I see you in the videos wearing what looks to be an IBJJF rashie. I need to get myself one for the nationals later this year. Can you recommend a place that has reasonable prices? I'm looking at getting one shipped from overseas as they are much cheaper.

I got mine from here but the rules stipulate that the rashie must contain a certain percentage of your belt colour.

As a white belt this opens up the opens really... skins come in white.

That said, I've still my white rashie and rolled in that for about twice a week for over a year and it's still holding up ( Though it's more grey and black now than white and black), so if you're looking for quality Koral are pretty good, but not the cheapest most likely.

Hmm it could be me.

Although there would have been a few people with a white gi and short hair around. And I do normally try and choke people out who associate me with the word 'blond' :D

Yeah, those prices are much more expensive here. I'm also limited by the fact I refuse to wear rashies that are all or mostly white.

Archived