Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Nova Scotia

Hi, I just joined this site and I must admit I'm a little confused as it seems to have its own unique lingo. I'm sure I'll figure it all out eventually and find my way around.

I am here because I am lacking motivation with my fitness goals. I'm 30 years old and live a relatively active lifestyle, but I also sit in front of a computer all day. I am ready to kick it up a notch.

My favorite active activities are yoga, circuit training, hiking, swimming, and dancing (I am an amaturer bellydancer--I also like ecstatic dancing).

I've recently started biking again (but it gives me a headache for some reason).

My main fitness goals are to gain strength and muscle so I can shock people (I'm only 4'11" and weigh 100-105lbs) and lose some extra body fat so I can see more muscle definition.

Gday Grace,

i'm sure if you've read a few of Steve's blog posts you'll have seen the term "appearance is a consequence of fitness".

That will ring true for you if thats what you work towards with your training.

Good luck, get yourself a training log in the "Battle Logs" sub forum to track your work outs and have us all jump in, or join a guild to get like minded people cheering you on.

Welcome again.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Nova Scotia!! Oi, jealous, maybe need to visit & get some sea glass from the shores, LoL! 'Ello Grace! I'm new here too, so maybe we can cruise the forums together! We have a few things in common, yoga, hiking & belly dancing. =) I'm actually new to yoga & I'm fairly certain my instructor is trying to destroy me w/all her hip opening stretches! =/

Dragon

Classless BUT Aspiring Warrior Monk

Rookie Level: 0

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

"The difference between ordinary & extraordinary, is that little extra. Happiness is a direction, not a destination"

PVP No Soda Challenge

Well it is on Base, so maybe its a new disguised form of SERE School, Hahaha! No But other that that. I really enjoy it. :saturn:

Dragon

Classless BUT Aspiring Warrior Monk

Rookie Level: 0

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

"The difference between ordinary & extraordinary, is that little extra. Happiness is a direction, not a destination"

PVP No Soda Challenge

Archived