Forums are back in action! ×

Small woot, huge improvement.

Khet

I've successfully gone five days without a single soda or junk food snack. As someone who daily drank two liters of Mountain Dew a day, this hasn't been easy. I've also been focusing on my diet and I'm actually starting to feel like I have more energy than ever. Tonight's sinner was a 6oz steak with two scrambled eggs, Green beans and a baked potato.

So glad I made this change. Still need to work on strength, but that'll come with time I'm sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

The "two liters of Mountain Dew" line made me ill. Holy mackerel. I can't imagine how much better you're going to feel without all that corn syrup coursing through your veins. Just get over the addiction to the sugar spikes and you're going to be golden.

As someone who is trying to cut back on an unhealthy level of crap-beer consumption, I can recommend flavored seltzer as a good alternative to bad beverages. For me, I think 80% of the habit is just the act of having something to constantly sip. The problem is keeping enough stocked in the house. I tear through it pretty quickly.

Keep it up. Sticking with it is going to pay huge dividends.

Yeah, that's been the hardest part so far is not constantly sipping a drink throughout the day, especially at work. I don't really care for plain water so I've taken to drinking unsweetened Earl gray iced tea and that's been helping a lot. Although, I did have a moment of weakness at work last night and got a can of coke. Only drank half so despite the slip, I think I still did pretty good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Awesome! Little changes add up to big ones in no time! Way to go!

Angelrock53

Newby Adventurer

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 4 CHA: 3

“It takes courage...to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.â€

~ Marianne Williamson

Archived