Forums are back in action! ×

Final Fantasy hate?

Ghost

iPhone version, so yeah, I could see them dumbing it down. I know they did increase the level cap from 50, because I hit 54-55, and I had plenty of cash to buy spells most of the time. Total gameplay time was around 18 hour I think. I'll have to look into changes they make for the iOS version of II before I get it. If they're drastic, I'll have to find a playstation version or something.

edit: Yeah, this guy confirms that they decreased the difficulty (on II as well) to make it more accesbile to first time palyers. Kinda ticks me off, the game suffered because like I said, every friggin battle except the final one was just hack and slash with no concern for what was going to happen. It sucks, because now I have to make the decision to play through II in a more original version on my PS2 or to play the easier version on my phone. It'll likely be the phone since I typically play on long car rides or during lunch.

They didn't quite dumb it down as much when they released it on PS1.

And further: http://kyorune.com/modding/article.php?id=65

Yeah, post here what you find out.

I remember one time a friend and I started and finished FFI in a single day using the Game Genie with just the infinite gold cheat. I don't remember how long it took, but we wanted to hit the lowest level Nintendo Power said it was possible to beat Chaos. That level was 27, IIRC, and it was the single closest battle I have ever had in a game. Our party consisted of a Knight, Ninja, Black Mage, and White Mage. Ninja was gone first, followed by the BM.....WM held out for awhile, but he was next to go. The Knight was the last one standing with no way to heal himself at this point. We had one more hit before we knew the next hit from Chaos would kill us. We hit, but it wasn't a kill blow and Chaos was up. He hits and as soon as we think we're gone, we see that our Knight has 1 HP left. We go for another hit hoping it will be the one to kill Chaos, but no! Chaos' turn and he decides to power up, heal himself, or something; but doesn't attack us. Now, the last hit comes down from our Knight and its a critical hit...taking Chaos out!

Such a good day :)

Good?! That event would make my Month!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

She must be talking about the Japanese II

Yup, I was talking about the original II. I think people need to abandon the whole FFIIUS/FFIVJPN and FFIIIUS/FFVIJPN way of thinking. II, III, IV, and VI have been released in the US in a few different versions with the correct numbers for awhile now.

When it came to the US for the SNES, IV was dumbed down but that didn't make it flawed. FFII is flawed. What a stupid battle system with a stupid trick to help you increase your stats. I haven't played a version of it since FF Origins for the playstation, did they get rid of that loophole where you could make a command, then cancel it, and it would still make that stat go up? For example, you cast fire and then need to pick an enemy to cast it on, but if you hit cancel it still counts as using it. So you just go fire-cancel-fire-cancel-fire-cancel-fire-cancel-fire and so on till you can't take it anymore, but the game would think you actually used it and up your fire stats accordingly.

anyone played the re-release of FFIII (either on DS or iOS) ? is there a way to tell the order of attacks in a turn? like, who will attack first etc. while my team has a "standard" attack order, this seems to occasionally swap about, especially with item use. thoughts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

I'm surprised that no one here has brought up the fact that FFXIII is basically an interactive movie... Or maybe I'm the only one that thought this? I felt like there was no challenge to it at all... unless of course you count trying to keep yourself from destroying your television set with your controller every time Snow opened his mouth to speak.

............Maybe just me again?

Emily
Human Adventurer
STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 1 CON: 2 WIS: 4 CHA: 3

FFXIII was not fantastic, but i quite enjoyed the combat system. even though i prefer slower, turn based stuff, this felt really engaging and dynamic. except when it punished the hell out of you (being caught out of paradigm, or having your main character focused). didn't finish it because i hit the "grind a hundred levels then you can maybe progress" section of the game and got bored. but it was very pretty!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

something like that :P i dont think i could play through it again, takes too long to get going with everything. im waiting for the ffx HD remix to come out instead :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

Archived