Forums are back in action! ×

Student on a summer mission!

Why hello everyone! I'm Labretkitty (or Kitty for short) and I'm a 22 year old university student from London. :)

My first foray into NF was Staci's amazing story when my boyfriend sent me a link to it. Impressed, I continued reading, appreciated all the Star Wars references, and here we are. I'm not overweight by any means, I'm just carrying a bit extra in the wrong places.

I've been packing a gym membership since around February, and I have some experience with lifting weights, I can currently squat 20kg, deadlift 20kg, and bench 16kg!

But now it's summer, I'm home with my parents, and I have no gym. Usually I tend to take up running to maintain during summer, but I HATE running. I'm not doing that this year. Instead, I'm going to do a month long body weight exercise challenge! :)

Diet wise, we're generally pretty good. Even though I had to give up my gym membership at the start of June, (and have done NO exercise since...) I have actually maintained my current size, so I guess my diet isn't that bad. Sure it could do with a little bit of cleaning up, but that's happening in August, one step at a time.

So, here are my goals for my July challenge:

1. Complete the NF beginner's body weight workout at least 3 times a week.

2. Keep a full log of each workout, how many reps and sets I achieve, etc.

3. Keep maintaining my current eating habits, but avoid processed junk as much as possible.

4. Check in at NF HQ at least once a week with my achievements and progress.

I took my weight, measurements and a photograph today, and I will not take any more until after this month is up, as it will drive me crazy trying to compare tiny minimal changes.

For reference, here's my starting stats:

Height: 5ft, 5"

Weight: 143lbs

Body fat percentage: 30%

Bust: 37"

Waist: 30"

Hips: 35"

Abdomen: 35"

Thighs: 22"

Well NF, you are my audience now. I will check in my progress at least once a week as I stated above, I guess you could consider this my first check in! Very excited, hopefully chat to you all soon! :)

Hey hey! Welcome to the boards! Ah the summer doll drums. I remember those well. It is a tough time being at home without school to occupy you. Best of luck with the body weight challenge! Have you thought about joining our 6 week challenge (currently only one week in)? It's a great way to kick off your accountability with other members of the boards.

If not, then rock on with your body weight routine. There is a TON of info here on the boards about body weight training. Best place to look would be the Assasins Den as they are the experts on such things :)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Archived