Forums are back in action! ×

Hollow Body & Pullup Pains?

Echo

On my most recent workout I was able to achieve a .9 pullup (my chin just could not get above the tree branch!) and I had noticed that whenever I got to that point there were immense pains in my elbows and I had to stop. However, this does not happen when I do chinups. For the Hollow Body I can now do the first progression for a minute, but the entire time I have neck pains. Any help for these two exercises?

I heard that when things were painful for her, she’d cover her ears with headphones and escape to the world of music. I tried it too. It was like everything was blown away. The vocals screamed for me. They grieved for me. The ones who put on the act of common sense were wrong. Those who cried were right. We, the lonely were more human. They screamed at the absurd, beat it down, and destroyed it. They saved me.Iwasawa Masami (Angel Beats!) 

Race: OtakuClass: AssassinWeight: 129-Ish lbs.Theme Song: I'm ALIVE! -BeccaSTR: 2DEX: 3STA: 2CON: 3WIS: 4CHA: 3

Sometimes in my exercises I will shrug my shoulders higher and that causes neck pain. Make sure your shoulders are lowered and a little set back

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hollow body does not have retracted (pulled back) shoulders. There's a video in the assassin knowledge base that really delves into the hollow technique. Neck pain is either weakness in those muscles or a form problem. Your head retracted and tucked is what you want, like trying to grab your neck skin with your chin.

For the pullup, I'm very not sure, but could be that your elbows are getting out and back as if entering the transition phase of a muscle up, which has been known to aggravate elbows. Laterally (triceps side), that is. If it's medial (inner elbow), you most likely have weak flexors and the chinup allows you to use the biceps to close the elbow joint, but it can't help out as much in the pullup.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Thanks guys! I'll try to change my form for both.

I heard that when things were painful for her, she’d cover her ears with headphones and escape to the world of music. I tried it too. It was like everything was blown away. The vocals screamed for me. They grieved for me. The ones who put on the act of common sense were wrong. Those who cried were right. We, the lonely were more human. They screamed at the absurd, beat it down, and destroyed it. They saved me.Iwasawa Masami (Angel Beats!) 

Race: OtakuClass: AssassinWeight: 129-Ish lbs.Theme Song: I'm ALIVE! -BeccaSTR: 2DEX: 3STA: 2CON: 3WIS: 4CHA: 3

Archived