Forums are back in action! ×

Starting Something

So I've joined NF because I need some accountability, however virtual. Unlike a lot of people on here, I don't have specific goals that I want to commit to at the moment, I'm just feeling complacent with my life and know I need to take some action. I've spent the last week or so working on my Life List (because I don't like to call it a Bucket List) but it dawned on me today that I was pretty much only putting on it things that I knew I could accomplish, not necessarily all the things I really want to do. So while I figure out how to be more honest with myself, I'm going to start with baby steps.

Last year around this time, I decided to quit my life in Boston and move to San Diego. Best decision I've ever made & I don't think I've ever been happier. But now that I'm feeling settled here, I'm starting to feel the itch again for something more. I don't know what 'more' is but I've decided to stop sitting idly hoping that I'll figure it out. Most of the people I consider successful started out by just doing something. Anything. And they didn't necessarily know where it was going to lead, but at least they took action.

So my first step is going to be committing to keeping the blog that I started last June, entitled Esther Figures Out Life. I updated maybe half a dozen times last year and I think it was partly due to the fact that I was keeping it more as a diary than a blog for other people to read, so I didn't feel like I was letting anyone down if I didn't maintain it. I'm not yet comfortable with sharing my innermost feelings with people I actually know in real life, so that's why I've joined NF. I'm going to put a link to my blog on here, and whether or not anyone actually reads it, at least I'll feel like there might be an audience and I think that might make my posting more consistent.

Thanks!

http://estherfiguresoutlife.wordpress.com/

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Hi there!

Amazing profile pic! *ahem*

Welcome to Nerd Fitness. I am new here myself and like yourself felt a little accountability for my own health and fitness might not go amiss. Still trying to make sense of all the different facets of the Nerd Fitness community but so far it seems like a fun place to be a part of. I had considered joining some other forums but NF just won me over! Steve's posts are great and he seems to have attracted a fantastic group of people interested in helping themselves and each other achieve their life goals!

Keep up the great work on the blog. I have subscribed to it so I'll be keeping an eye out for your new posts.

Archived