Forums are back in action! ×

sometimes balanced is better.

spatzcat

Well, I have my ultrasound tomorrow to confirm, but I have been diagnosed with a gallbladder problem. Yup! I am 130 lbs, 5' 7", healthy as a horse. I lift weights 2 or 3 times a week, I run a 5k every second day. I eat better than most people I know, low sugar, low carb, high protein, good fats, some saturated - butter/coconut oil.

I know the opinions will fly around about the culprit, but speaking to my doctor, and doing some googling, I can only determine that the low carb/too high protein is to blame here. He also thinks dairy could have played a role.

I don't know what the outcome will be, what he will recommend, surgery or not, but I just wanted to share this, because sometimes, a balanced diet could have been a better choice.

I can tell you one thing though, if surgery is an option, it will take it. 2 gallbladder attacks is enough to last me the rest of my life. it is a truly horrifying experience.

Yes, there is a theory that eating too many refined foods as I was growing up could have made my gallbladder into what it is today, and then the introduction of a new diet plan pushed it over the edge, but that was not my childhood. at all. We ate very healthy growing up, and other than the odd meal, fast food was not a staple.

Some people are predisposed yes, I am clearly one of them. I don't fit the popular profile, but here i am!

SIGH.

Never let your fear decide your fate.

Yikes! That sounds awful. Sorry to hear what you've been through, and I hope if you have surgery it goes smoothly. It's usually hard to narrow down the exact culprit in this kind of thing, and it's usually a mix of a lot of things combined.

But you're right, it's important that people know that while one diet may do miracles for one person, and even if you feel like you're doing everything right, things can still go wrong - everyone's different and it's important to continually monitor your health.

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

Archived