Forums are back in action! ×

I was going paleo before I knew it was a "thing"... (I swear I'm not a hipster!)

Hello!

I just joined NF today, after having stumbled across the site last week and reading a lot of the blogs. Although I am new to NF, I am not new to weight loss. I've been overweight most of my life. Just over a month ago, I made the choice to get healthy for my future, and for my future children. My main motivation on starting this lifestyle change is the desire to have a baby. I am really overweight and I know that I need to better myself before I can become pregnant and have a safe and healthy pregnancy (and beyond!).

Since May 17, I have lost 16 pounds by just counting calories and watching what I eat. For the first 3 weeks, I was really strict on myself and was following a diet that could be considered paleo, even though I was not even aware that was a "thing". I had no bread, rice, or pasta and pretty much no dairy either. I found it easy to do, even though I am Hispanic and I live in Louisiana. Hispanics and Cajuns love rice and bread! I intend on going full paleo, now that I have read more about it and know the basics and the benefits. I'm trying to convince my husband to try it as well because, as a diabetic, I'm sure he would profit tremendously from cutting out bread, rice, pasta, etc.

I've only just begun exercising this week, following a dance cardio program but after reading blogs on this site, I am excited about gradually adding some weight training as well. I look forward to getting to know you all and join in on the journey to a healthy lifestyle!

-Zen-

P.S. I suck at navigating through forums. Where do I find out what each of the "guilds" represent? Thanks!

Work it HARDER, Make it BETTER

Do it FASTER, Makes us STRONGER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome! Sounds like you're already headed in a great direction.

Here's an overview of the different guilds: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/05/10/real-life-role-playing-what-is-your-profession/

And how they apply to the 6-week challenges: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?13085-The-NF-Challenge-FAQ-How-Do-Challenges-Work

Thanks for the links! I guess I would be an ogre? :ambivalence: I'm tall-ish (5'9'') and definitely overweight. I guess I could just say I'm "human" but that's no fun... haha I don't know if I'll be joining any of the challenges just yet, but it's good to have the info on the guilds. Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Waiting for the next challenge to come around will give you some time to think about which profession you'll slot into too. I think I'm going to end up a ranger just by process of elimination, but this time next year, I'd love to be more druid.

What would ranger/druid be? Frontiersman? Pathfinder?

haha, I don't know! That's an interesting mix.

I personally don't see myself in any one of these guild types just yet. I kind of like aspects of all of them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived