Forums are back in action! ×

Row machine and cartwheel double-woot!

Shoshie

After 8 years of dealing with bilateral joint pain in my elbows, wrists, and shoulders, I finally have gotten pretty close to eliminating it. So, after avoiding the row machine at all cost, I hopped on today to do a 5 minute warmup before lifting. I was able to go the whole time without any joint pain at all! At a pretty good clip, too. And it was way more fun than the elliptical!

In between sets, I also stumbled upon an empty mat room at my gym, and decided that it would be fun to try doing some cartwheels. Well, I fell on my ass for the first few, but managed to do two crappy cartwheels where I landed on my feet! I haven't been able to do those in 4 years!

Woot!

Selkie Warrior
Level 2, STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 2.8 | CON: 4 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2.5

Shoshie's "Getting Awesome" Challenge 
Shoshie's "Just Hanging Around" Challenge

Cheers! Well done on the rowing!!!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Nice! The rower is both my most and least favorite piece of workout equipment—enjoy it!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Archived