Forums are back in action! ×

How the heck do you manage the forums?

Ergolad

I'm new to posting on the forums and just wondering what's the best workflow for managing your posts and keeping up with others?

I'm in my 1st 6-week challenge, want to participate as fully as possible and stay on top of communications. For some reason, even though I'm subscribed to all my threads, and have notifications set in my settings, I never get any emails. I checked spam settings and what not with my email, but that's not it.

I'd be curious to hear what your workflow is and how you best leverage the power of the forum. Also if this would be better posted elsewhere, please let me know!

Yeah, I have the default setting to daily notification and am subscribed to all my threads, but I just don't get emails. I'm going to try switching to instant notification as a test. If that doesn't work I'll experiment with another email maybe.

Thanks for the FAQ link. I guess that would have been the obvious place to start... A little cross eyed.

Still curious if people have workflow suggestions, and just general thoughts on how to best engage the 6-Week challenges.

I have specific forums that I like to visit. I go to the main forum and open up all of the forums that I want to look at in a new tab. Then, I mark the entire forum as read so that, the next time I come back, I know which topics have been updated since I last read them. Then, I go through all of the unread topics in each forum and read them. I subscribe to threads that I want to follow so that they are easier to pick out of all of the newly-updated threads.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

I'm automatically subscribed to the threads I post in, and subscribe manually to others on occasion. Then I just check those. I don't have (or want) email notifications.

I miss being able to go to My Blog now. It was such a good way of checking for new comments, which I don't get notified about. Is there any way to subscribe to blogs, so I know when other people have posted new ones?

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

SO this is my normal NF flow:

Check Warriors Challenge Thread

Check Warriors Forge

Click Quick Links -> Todays Post button. ( see what other interesting threads come up)

Check Recruitment Hall

Check Woot Room

Edit: Also, Tapatalk has a free Chrome extension that helps keep you altered to subscribed threads.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I'm automatically subscribed to the threads I post in, and subscribe manually to others on occasion. Then I just check those. I don't have (or want) email notifications.

I miss being able to go to My Blog now. It was such a good way of checking for new comments, which I don't get notified about. Is there any way to subscribe to blogs, so I know when other people have posted new ones?

Read my post above.

Good stuff folks! I love seeing those workflows. That's cool to see what people do.

I'll check out Tapatalk for my iPhone. I always have avoided installing forum apps when I'm notified. Will have to check it out.

I'm happy to report that my email notifications are working. I like those. It seems something was up with my Hotmail email address. For some reason it just didn't work. Currently I have my hotmail forwarded to a iCloud address and it was just disappearing into the ether. Strange because it wasn't showing up in my Hotmail Junk folder or my iCloud Junk folder. Just wasn't there.... But as soon as I updated my forum email to go directly to my iCloud address, everything is fine. Go figure. Wonder what was up with that?

I personally like daily email summaries for my subscribed threads. That way I can keep up, but not have to go to the forum to check. That's a slippery slope for me... I want to get more proactive supporting other peoples challenges, expand my base. I pretty much train solo, so I get a lot out of this kinda thing. Helps me stay somewhat accountable.

Wonder if the challenges being broken up into different guilds is limiting exposure? I see that there are mini-challenges that help get you rub shoulders with other guilds. I'll have to look into that. Also, what happens if I change guilds at some point? Say I switch my primary activity and another guild is more appropriate? Does that mean I'd have to start over again with my stats? Or would it be like any RPG where I'd have multiple characters?

Thanks again for the feedback!

Archived