Forums are back in action! ×

Uneven Arms

Ruth2301

Okay, so my arms are uneven.

First, my left arm is definitely weaker than my right arm -- which is not at all surprising because I've just been lifting seriously since February and my right side has always been my dominant side.

Second, I've been losing fat around my upper arms lately. Although not really armS so much as ARM. My left upper arm is a full inch smaller in circumference than my right arm. Not much we can do about that, but it's part of the story.

The real action is this: when I flex, my left bicep is definitely more pronounced than my right, but also firmer and seemingly stronger. However, my right forearm is far more pronounced than my left forearm when I flex *that*.

So...

What's going on and how do I fix it?

Ruth(but my friends call me PopRocks)|| STR: 8 || DEX: 1 || STA: 5 || CON: 6 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 5 ||

Current Challenge Thread

Unevenness can be caused by any number of things; your dominant forearm is likely to have gotten more use just from manipulating things. Not sure why your left bicep would appear stronger, except that it looks leaner/more "muscular" due to the fat loss.

As long as you're not bothered by the aesthetics, this isn't a huge problem and it shouldn't majorly affect your ability to lift. (My left shoulder is an inch or two higher than my right, my left bicep and tricep are stronger, and my right forearm is stronger, all from rowing, and I do just fine). Eventually, your arms should even out in strength and size. If your progress is being slowed, try working your weaker arm with some KB swings or DB push presses.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

I have the same problem my whole right side is larger than my left. chest, shoulder, arm, etc. i started doing dumbell press instead of bench and when I do curls I do 1 additional set on the weak side. also I started really focusing on not favoring my strong side.

LVL 1 Celtic/Warrior

STR 4

DEX 2

STA 3

CON 2

WIS 2

CHA 2

Archived