Forums are back in action! ×

Two Pretty Sweet Woots For Innkeeper

Innkeeper

1. Quantitative manuscript got accepted to Behavior Modification! Years of research has netted me authorship! Yes.

2. As part of the ongoing six week challenge, I've been trying to slay the laziness demons in my ears, especially with writing. I finally got a blog post to a good place: http://thetravelersinn.tumblr.com/post/26455285628/obsession-passion

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone's challenges are going well and go even better.

Human Adventurer
STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Sweet! Writing woots should count double, just because of the time spent between the finishing the work and finding out you're published!

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Major congratulations on publication!

Your blog post is really wonderful. This quote "When you’re passionate about something, it enriches you. Spending time on it feels effortless. Instead of losing energy on a task, you seem to gain energy from it." really, really speaks to me. My work with fiber does this for me.

Very big woot!

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

Thanks, everyone!

@wildross: The paper is a quantitative look at our data set. We've been working on a computerized behavioral activation protocol for depression for a few years at my alma mater. We've gathered enough data in our open trial to publish our findings. The online journal Behavior Modification will be publishing it. I'll link to it when it happens!

Human Adventurer
STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Archived