Forums are back in action! ×

Lifestyle change adventures

Well hey there. My name's Manon. I'm 23 years old in Texas working in an apparel design company in Dallas. I'm in a huge lifestyle shift: after years of half-heartedly following fad diets and whining about working out, I realized I was hurting my body and my health more than helping it, and my research led me to Paleo (yay!). I've been eating an exercising Paleo-style for about a month now and feel amazing. My energy is way up, I've lost 8 pounds, my skin (generally spotty) is almost completely cleared up, and my ambition and determination to continue this "high" is going strong. I found NerdFitness and fell in love with the articles and mindset (I was...well, actually still am, a huge WoW and Elderscrolls enthusiast), so even though this challenge started a couple weeks ago, I thought I'd throw in my lot for fun :)

Starting weight: 152 lbs

Race: Nord

Class: Adventurer

STR: 1

DEX: 2

STA: 2

CON: 3

WIS: 4

CHA: 3

Goals:

1. Do not snack at work

My managers love to feed the design team. I suppose it's in the effort to raise moral. Who doesn't love surprise Einstein bagels in the morning, or take a group ice cream break in the middle of the afternoon? I follow a strict Paleo meal plan (paleoplan.com) that has been working out great for me, so I don't want to sabotage my efforts with poundcake one day and cookies the next, etc. Must...resist...

2. Go to yoga 2x/week

I love yoga. I love the way it makes me feel during and afterwards. I know it's great for me. But I make excuses to miss my classes by being "too tired" after work. I need to buck up and fit at least two classes in a week.

3. Do 30 min of cardio 3x/week

For help with weight loss. I've been trying to pick up running, doing the whole C25K app, but doing that any earlier than 8:30 pm in the Texas heat right now can get dangerous. So if I know I can't get out that late, I should just take a trip to the gym and run the treadmill in an air conditioned environment.

4. Open an Etsy shop

I'm an artsy crafty person by nature, and it's been my goal since the beginning of the year to finally start a shop on Etsy.com where I can sell my products instead of just having them be expensive time-consuming projects that sit around gathering dust once they're finished.

Welp, that's about it! Looking forward to meeting fellow peeps actively pursuing their goals!

Level 1 Maenad Adventurer

STR: 1 --- DEX: 1 --- STA: 2 --- CON: 1 --- WIS: 3 --- CHA: 2

MyFitnessPal

Instagram

Archived