Forums are back in action! ×

New Hope for this Nerd

So I happened upon Nerd Fitness earlier this week when a friend posted the link to one of Steve's articles, and ever since I've been hooked. The nerdy community and no-rebel-left-behind attitude resonated with me in a deep way and I hope that this is something I can stick with.

But, more about me. My name is Alexis and I'm a 22 year old living in the mountains of Virginia. *insert deliverance music here* I was always really active as a kid, I swam and danced competitively through middle school and started to march color guard in high school. After graduating high school I wasn't as active and discovered that I do not have the kind of metabolism that can support a sedentary life style. I've never been a skinny-mini, but when I hit the 200s and have been slowly creeping to 250 over the past four years I realized that I need to get into a plan. I work for a small business in the accounting department, and love what I do so I have a tendency to work too much, and don't leave enough room for actually living my life. That's the first thing that needs to change.

The rest of this week I'm really going to focus on defining real goals and planning menus for the next few weeks (going to try a paleo-light diet and see how we fare from there) and start the work out plan on Monday. The moral of the story at this point is that I need to lose weight, even though I'm not that high as far as numbers go, I know I've lost a lot of muscle and have let myself get way far out of shape and I've finally decided I'm not okay with that. I think my reward system might be based around tattoos. It's been nearly 4 years since my last tattoo, and the delay has had a lot to do with not wanting weight changes to skew the images. (not cute)

Well that was a fairly ADD introduction, but hopefully it's the start of something good! :cool-new:

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Hi, Vintageenvy!

Love your signature quote...reminds me that slow and steady wins the race and that small changes can have huge results in the long-run. Good luck, keep posting, and welcome to the Rebellion!

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Okay, day one went well! I have my battle log up and we had delicious dinner with a friend tonight of fiesta chicken (marinated in lime and lemon w/ cilantro for 2 days) and avocado that was sooooo good. I told everyone who would listen that I was making these changes so I can be held accountable and hopefully be successful where I have failed before.

There was also a birthday at the office and I said no to ice cream cake! Though admittedly I don't like ice cream case thanks to a cold sensitivity so it's not that much of a feat.

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Archived