Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel Joining in.

sorry for the long story:

Hi everyone,I found NF when just looking up info on the Paleo diet, I instantly fell in love with the website being a nerd and someone who loves to work out and play sports, most of all I'm just overly impressed with the community and everyone's positive feedback and support for each other.

I live in New York, Long island, Im from California and moved here to NY in high school. i have always been on the heavier side, and because i was born with extremely bad asthma i wasn't very active when i was a wee one. When i got into middle school i picked up playing rugby, an all around awesome sport. i had a harder time finding a team to play on when i moved to NY and eventually after just being a chunky monkey, (but great super smash player and even better WoW player lol) i finally got back into an active life joining my high school track and field team, as well as the football team. I worked hard and probably sweat 3 oceans or so but i never ate right so i never really got results i was happy with. I ended up getting injured and not seeing eye to eye with all of my coaches and stop'd playing sports all around at that point. I was still on an awesome FIRST Robotics team (263) at that point not being as active and still eating terribly i gained more weight. from there on i struggled with staying active, always making the mistake of trying to out run my fork. Hooray that i know better now!

but ultimately going through a bad break up :( and not being informed enough on how to take care of myself with out having access to my high school gym (which still looks like heaven to me) i became stagnant and continued to eat bad, by about mid 2nd semester of college I hit my peak of around 215lbs.

thats when i got fed up and ran like someone was constantly behind me with an axe. i was able to drop around 12lbs, but i still wasnt eating right and at the time was getting very very little sleep. Finally i started to change my diet for the better and dropped to 198. after that i got very sick and dropped all the way down to 184 in a few days. once i was able to stand on my two feet again i was in the 190's in no time. finally almost caught up to speed I found this website, started the paleo diet and am now down to 181. my goal wait was to hit 180lbs by august 13th. iv got to say being this ahead of schedule is awesome. Now I am at the point where I refuse to make any more excuses, not settling for "good enough" and finding time to work out.

I was told by a doctor a while back that i have 50% lung capability compared to my peers, that i should be breathless from just getting of the sofa and walking to the fridge. well thats not really the case as i was able to run 3 miles in 28mins, one of the greatest feeling ever for me because even when i was on football my lungs wheren't at 50% maybe more like 85% but I struggled with doing a single mile.

so now you are all caught up and now that i type WAY to much lol. thanks for any feedback I get and I would be Blown away if I found out there are other Ruggers and FIRST Robotic alumni/active that are on NF as well.

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Lycan Ranger: STR:3 DEX:3 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:2

Welcome and grats on getting on the right track!

Also, doctors truly do not know as much as they wished they did about human health and what we are capable of. Nothing wrong with the doctors! we all need them now and then, and I have lots of respect for them...they just need to know that they really 'dont know' :P

Thank you tigersheart.

and yah that basically sums up how i feel about most doctors myself, not down playing their importance by any means though.

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Lycan Ranger: STR:3 DEX:3 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:2

Archived