Forums are back in action! ×

Need Help Gaining Weight

nickjw2137

Hey guys im 18 years old and im super skinny and so im wondering what the best way for me to gain weight is. I dont play sports and i dont exercise a whole lot but i have been trying to get into the habit of lifting weights. I try to eat alot but it never does anything. So i was going to get some weight gainer mix but i have heard that it is hard to digest and not very good for you. I tried using some a few years ago and it gave me a stomach ache. Someone also told me that goats milk would work better than any weight gainer mix if i just drink 1-2 cups of goat milk a day. What would you guys recommend? Is there a certain type of weight gainer that would work best or would the goats milk work? Im asking before trying because both options are expensive.

wholemilk.jpg

Milk = grow juice. Since you are trying to gain, ditch the low fat stuff and drink whole milk. Don't bother with weight gainers or weird milks, straight up whole milk is $3 a gallon and is all you need.

That and get on a good strength training program with compound exercises, full body, 3 times a week.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

wholemilk.jpg

Milk = grow juice. Since you are trying to gain, ditch the low fat stuff and drink whole milk. Don't bother with weight gainers or weird milks, straight up whole milk is $3 a gallon and is all you need.

That and get on a good strength training program with compound exercises, full body, 3 times a week.

Yes. Do these things.

Other good calorie-dense foods are lentils/beans/chick peas, cheese, nuts (and nut butters like peanut butter), olive oil, yoghurt, avocados, beef/chicken/pork. And if you're not afraid of the big bad carbs - rice, potatoes, pasta, bread.

Just friggin' EAT :)

Keep in mind that if you eat enough, you will gain weight...but you can only really gain weight as either fat or muscle (unless your bones are still growing...which is totally possible at your age. Bones can keep getting bigger until you're like 25 or so). And if you're not lifting weights/doing resistance training, you're not gonna gain muscle...:)

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Ewwwww milk *bleh*

Skinny kid lookin to gain here as well. Can't stand milk as a drink. I can drink it with cereal, or oreos, or I can drink chocolate/strawberry milk, but just drinking it straight leaves a weird taste.

Add some chocolate milk powder then. Tacks on a bunch more calories too. If you are looking to gain, that is a good thing. Very little can compete with milk as a mass gainer $$-wise or quality-wise.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Awesome, thanks guys. So is there any advantage to raw milk over milk that you get from the store when it comes to gaining weight?

Maybe. Some argue that pasteurized (standard store-bought) milk is majorly lacking in nutrients, while others put raw milk on par with rat poison. One thing for certain about raw milk—it's a lot more expensive. If you're willing to splurge, it might be worth it, but it's going to get really pricey really fast, especially in the quantities you'll have to consume.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Hey guys over the last few months i have been trying to eat as much food and protein as possible. I have gained a few pounds but my parents will only buy so much food and its sometimes hard to eat enough. Because if this i decided to try some protein and supplements so i bought some micronized creatine and 100 percent gold standard whey protein, just wondering if this is something you guys recommend and how much i should take of each everyday. I think ill just mix the creatine in with the whey protein shake when i drink it. I know the protein cant be a replacement to a good diet but i figured it wouldnt hurt in addition to my diet.

Archived