Forums are back in action! ×

Introducing myself

Hi everyone!

I'm another newbie. I found this website last week; I think one of my friends on Facebook posted a link to an article. I came across the "8-bit kick in the ass" article and fell in love. Then, today, I decided to join the forums.

I started running about 2 years ago. Since then I've raced some 5k's, a couple 10k's, some weird distances (6k, 4-miler), and two half marathons. August 6 begins the training cycle for my 3rd and 4th half marathons which are on October 22 and November 4.

I'm a semi-vegetarian, so for the most part I eat vegetarian breakfasts and lunches and usually include poultry or fish with dinner. I've been married for almost 5 years and my husband is a meat-and-potatoes guy, so I don't push my dietary preferences on him. I try to not eat beef or pork, so if he wants hamburgers I'll make black bean burgers for myself.

I grew up on Nintendo consoles. My brother and I used to wake up early Sunday mornings and play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, and since there was no "save" function, if our parents wanted to go out, we'd just pause the game and turn the TV off. :) Good memories there. My husband and I met in 2002 because of a mutual interest in EverQuest, and I made a character on his server to play with him. The rest is history.

I'm glad to be here with like-minded fitness folks. :)

Archived