Forums are back in action! ×

Joining the Rebellion!

I've been a long time lurker here and now finally ready to join the ranks. I found this site last winter and have been an avid follower/reader since. My name is Anthony and I'm pretty damn pumped to being part of this community and getting to know everyone. I guess for now some of my story..

I'm 24 years old born and raised in Jersey except for my time at Temple U down in Philly. I'm a former soccer and baseball player in HS and love surfing and snowboarding, all of which stopped till recently. After HS didn't really do anything besides intramurals and even in HS I never lifted weights. I had always floated around 145-150 lbs but 2 years ago i was at a steady 135 way too light for someone that is 5'11". In the last year i've made some pretty drastic changes away from being the terrible eater and drinking every single night.

within the last year I've started lifting weights regularly, it went from a slow progression of having to be forced in by my friends because of how self conscious I was, to now regularly going on my own 4 days a week for (what I think) some serious lifting. I'm currently following Wendlers 5/3/1, however that may be changing soon. I also follow the paleo diet but not incredibly strict. I've managed to bulk up and now float around at 160-165 and my end goal is 2 years from now be 190.

So now that I'm done rambling it's a pleasure to meet you all, looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully pass off some of my own knowledge to others.

Welcome to the forum!

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Archived