Forums are back in action! ×

Transition time?

Hey all - I found Nerd Rebellion and am wondering if this may be what I need. I used/am still using Sparkpeople.com to lose 40lbs. I had my fat percentage performed at my local YMCA and it was 16.5% For a 40 year old female, that's awesome.

While I was pleased, I was also disappointed. Why do I still look fat then? I look good in clothes but I would not wear a two peice swimsuit in public. I carry most of my fat on my belly - I'm sure 2 kids and my age influenced that. So I've used sparkpeople.com for the weight loss (thank you so much) but now I need something else. I'd like to have a waist and feel comfortable wearing a two peice next summer. I run, cycle, swim, and do Jillian Michael's DVDs. I do some free dumbells but only maybe 1 - 2 times a week for about 20 minutes. Maybe that's what I need to focus on now.

Wondering if there are others like me. I don't need a ripped body (not saying I wouldn't like it though) but I do want to achieve my May 2012 goal of wearing that two piece comfortably!

Archived