Forums are back in action! ×

Off and running (literally and figuratively)

Hi everyone,

My name is Lee, and today is my Day One. I discovered Nerd Fitness about a week ago, and since then have read, researched, planned... In Nerd Fitness-speak, I've been collecting underpants. Now, I'm ready to start moving.

I'm a 33 year old Air Force wife and mother of two sons, ages 5 and 3. We are currently stationed in Germany, where I work on base as a therapist. Prior to motherhood, I led a much more active lifestyle, and was a month away from running my first marathon when I got pregnant with my first child. Due to pregnancy complications, I had to stop running and cut back on my physical activity... and I pretty much stayed inactive for six years. Until today.

I'm 5'1" and 125 pounds, and although my BMI tells me I'm "healthy," my gut indicates otherwise (again, literally and figuratively). While losing 8-10 pounds is one of my goals, I'm more focused on losing body fat (today, my scale tells me my body fat is 27% - I'd like it closer to 22%), gaining strength, and improving my endurance. Hopefully the weight loss will be a side effect of focusing on my other goals. I plan to follow the Rebel Fitness Guide for strength training, and start with a run/walk program to get me back running again.

I'm really glad to be a part of Nerd Fitness, and looking forward to getting to know all of you. For those who are on MyFitnessPal, I'm lcmcdonough if you want to connect.

Viva la Revolution!

Lee

DramaMama

scout ~ level one

STR: 2 ~ DEX: 2 ~ STA: 2 ~ CON: 3 ~ WIS: 3 ~ CHA: 3

Archived