Forums are back in action! ×

Pulled a butt muscle

Mike Pants

It hurts. I mean, like, "I couldn't sleep last night because it hurt too badly" hurts. And it's a butt muscle, which makes it laughable and searingly painful at the same time.

You never really appreciate how much your glutes do for you during the day until you can feel every movement in one of them as a shooting pain down your leg and up your back. Siting, standing, lying down, walking, bending -- there is virtually no position other than floating in salt water that doesn't require the use of a butt muscle at some point.

I really have no question. I just wanted everyone to know that my butt hurts.

In other news, in pulling a butt muscle, I hit a deadlift PR :)

you sure it's a glute? could be piriformis...

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

lol. Could be worse, you could have a broken tailbone from pratfalling on your ass. That happened to me once.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

"Pain is an indication to change your behavior." You gonna have to rest that sucker for a long time.

The butt is a funny place, but because of that, the muscles (and there's a LOT) are ignored, and any good attention they get, they love. I never massage a new client's glutes because I'm sure their nervous and probably wearing undies anyway (so vibration and compression over the sheet instead) but they're missing out. To me, the butt is involved in all sorts of leg ativity and core stuff. You definitely appreciate it when it's not working so well ;)

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Another laughable muscle group, I pulled a groin last week. Of all the muscles I've pulled over the years, that was my first groin pull.

I'm now using foam rollers on my inner thighs to help me not do that again, which is probably even funnier because I'm sure it looks like I'm trying to hump a huge black sausage.

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

Archived