Forums are back in action! ×

8 months after starting to work out again: Aced my fitness test

slcathena

I started working out again seriously in November. I started very out of shape, and have lost a little over 30 lbs since then. Since I'm spending the summer away from my normal gym and trainer, I found a place I can train for the next 4 weeks while I'm here. To start out they did a fitness test today.

I still have some work to do on body comp (that I knew, it takes a while to get back to good when you start out way out of shape). But everything else was awesome (as follows):

80% percentile cardio

Maxed out the pushups for my age group (28, couldn't have done another one, I was aiming for 30, but apparently 27 is the goal for my age)

Maxed out leg curl-ups for my age group (This was like standing on a foam pad with one leg up for as long as you could, balancing. 22 sec right/21 sec left)

Maxed out plank for my age group (2 minutes, could have held longer)

Maxed out crunches (don't remember the number, but she stopped me and told me I was good)

Above average flexibility

I know these are just benchmarks and that it's more important to work towards other goals, etc. I still will. I was just really really nervous about this b/c I've worked so hard and didn't want to do poorly. Plus, if you had told me I could do any of these things after this much time in November I might have laughed at you, and I certainly would have called it a win. I'm pretty excited about it, especially because I was really nervous about this today. :)

Halfling Female Ranger

STR - 4 ~ DEX - 3 ~ STA - 5 ~ CON - 2 ~ WIS - 3 ~ CHA - 2

Archived