Forums are back in action! ×

Hello hello...

Hi there,

my name's Albert, I'm 23 years old and I live in the beautiful, tiny country of Switzerland in the heart of Europe.

I'm 5'11 and approx 130 lbs (up from 125 recently) and my passion is football (the real one ;)). I practice twice a week and coach a youth team three times a week. I injured my knee last summer (meniscus) and haven't been able to play in a year. You can't imagine how I've missed it. And even before I got injured I spent most time on the bench as stamina and strength are some of my weaknesses. My team uses me to bring in quickness and a change of pace for the last 20 minutes when called upon (A normal game lasts 90 min). But being healthy again, I don't want to spend my sunday afternoons on the bench, but on the field in action. To be able to endure a whole game, I need to get stronger and fitter and gain some weight. I believe I got hurt because I wasn't able to stand my ground in a game situation.

Finding Nerd Fitness was great, because it speaks to me in a language I'm familiar with. So after a while of reading the posts with so many pop culture references dear to me and some excellent tips for life and fitness, I decided to finally join the forum. It makes me get in touch with my teenage years, which I spent playing Warcraft 3, WoW, Gothic (an RPG) or Morrowind and reading Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and watching Star Wars and other great movies. Getting older I replaced escaping into these beautifully crafted worlds with reading news and e-mails. So I also want to get back to being more imaginative again. I couldn't think of platform more helpful than this one here.

So, like one of my heroes, Yoda, said: "Do or do not - there is no try."

tl;dr I'm AlbZ, love soccer and want to gain weight, endurance and strength. Hello!

Archived