Forums are back in action! ×

The Dragons are back

Pleased to make your acquaintance, Rebellion! My name is Rodaria, and I come from a village far beyond the ocean. Many years my village has lived in peace, but today we are threatened by an ancient enemy: the rumor has it that the Dragons have returned to our lands. I have heard the stories of the Dragons many times during my 21 years of living, and I can't help but worry...

The inhabitants of my village are simple farmers and bakers and, to be honest, none of them is in shape to defend our village against the Mighty Roo-Rargh, who is one of the very first dragons who crawled out from the mountain caves when our world was created. Every day we receive messages from other destroyed villages telling us about the devastation this ancient monster has caused. I do fear for my village, and I'm even more afraid to realise that I'm the only one around here who's going to do something about this threat. Or no, wait, I'm not all alone. I have my trusty steed Verona to support me. She is a very beautiful black thoroughbred mare and probably one of the fastest horses this land has ever seen. She is the best companion I could imagine, for my own strength is... well, strenght. I'm 5'5 and weigh around 180 pounds.

Doing my exercise isn't the problem: I am motivated and I love working out. I do weight training from three to four times a week and jump rope two times a week. I also walk a lot every day. My problem is food. The bakery right next to my house happens to sell chocolate from our neighbour village. It's dark, delicious chocolate, and I could live my life eating the stuff... And I probably would have, had the dragons not shown up. I have to stay away from this dark delight because it's really keeping me from getting in shape! I can't fight dragons if there's no armor that fits! I've heard that Roo-Rargh might reach our village by next Christmas, so I have to learn to stay away from chocolate by that time, hopefully sooner... I will try and replace chocolate with cabbage. My other neighbour is a farmer, and his cabbages are the best...!

Both Verona and I need to level up. That's why I'm here: I know what I must do but I need help and support from heroes such as those who belong to the Rebellion. My fellow villagers do try to support me but they can't really see what I'm in for. I know that the Rebellion does.

I'm taking Verona to the stables now and then I'm going to explore the forum. Work out, everyone!

A Dragon Slayer on a quest to save her village by Christmas

Profile picture from http://the-best-top-desktop-wallpapers.blogspot.fi/2010/12/horse-wallpapers.html

Welcome to the Rebellion. Nice storyline set up. So in translation: You are looking to lose weight for yourself and your family by Christmas and you are looking to clean up your diet and avoid certain food temptations. (? correct ?) If you haven't already, check out some of the guilds to find the people who will help you along your path. With weight training involved: Warrior? Dont be shy about putting up your goals and asking for the best ways to achieve those goals. Also - you might/might not know - we are in the middle of a 6week challenge. This is week 4, so jump on board with a 3 week goal to help give you some momentum. The Rebellion is here to help you out. Good luck on your quest and make sure to slay those dragons!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Hello there! Welcome to the Rebellion!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Great translation, Kenobi :)

And welcome, Rodaria! I also have/had? a chocolate habit (chocolate with breakfast, lunch, and dinner for several days/weeks in a row over a period of many years...but no, I'm not addicted or anything... :P).

But I have good news....chocolate CAN BE MASTERED! Looking back since I switched to Paleo on 6/25/12, my chocolate consumption has been almost down to nothing (especially as compared to the past). I've been eating the Emerald Dark Chocolate PB mixed nut blend, and that seems to be the only chocolate I've had in 2 weeks. Maybe a cookie here or there, but not nearly the amount of chocolate I was eating before this.

So you can do it!!! :encouragement:

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived