Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting In!

Hi Folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just thought I would post and say hi and thanks for the motivation you've given me so far.

About me:

Turning 30 in September and am 6' 3". Live in Adelaide, South Australia. Wife, house, 3 kids. Enjoy movies and games.

In July of 2010 I decided I wanted turn my life around. I have always been a big guy. Never ate healthy and smoked.

I found myself struggling for energy and breath whenever I ran around with the kids and I felt rubbish all the time..

First cab off the rank was to quit the smokes because I knew I would be the type to put on weight during quitting.

When I started the quit process I weighed 130kg (~285 pounds). I quit using Champix and was very successful.

Fast forward to November of 2011, still off the smokes but I had ballooned to 150kg (~330 pounds) and was unhappy.

Now that I had enjoyed well over a year smoke free, I decided to go into phase 2 of my transition into change in lifestyle.

Eat healthier, eat smaller portions and start to exercise. I joined a gym in November of 2011 and started the long road.

It's been a slow process and I've had several plateaus and fallen off the wagon a few times, but I've persisted this time.

I'm now down to 128kg (~280 pounds) and am as motivated as ever to get to my goal weight of 95kg (~210 pounds).

Hi and welcome to the rebellion! Kudos to you for quitting smoking! I've never been a smoker, but I hear that it's a battle all it's own! Good job :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Congratulations on quitting smoking, Mercury! Looks like you have a definite plan of action and I'm glad that you keep getting back on the wagon instead of giving up. There's lots of information on Steve's blog and from the rebels on these forums if you want any info to help you on your journey.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived