Forums are back in action! ×

I'm useless at thread titles!

Hey all!

This isn't my technically my first post here, I had a nice whinge yesterday & before that I even intended to join a 6-week challenge last year. I posted once, full of enthusiasm, but needless to say....It didn't go well. It didn't go at all, actually! I just re-read that post and it’s funny, my situation was almost exactly the same then as it is now. I feel sorry for losing all that time that could have been spent being awesome. True story.

Back in October, I was getting ready for a 6 week trip to Europe, and I really just wanted my winter coat to fit better. I ended up leaving that coat behind, and buying a new one to accommodate the required Everest-grade thermals and fleeces :dispirited: But importantly, my trip was great...one thing led to another, and now, I’m about 3 months away from moving to Finland to work on a husky farm for the winter season! This is pretty much a lifelong dream come true, and I could not be more excited :emmersed::emmersed::emmersed::emmersed::emmersed:

It’s a little out of my comfort zone to admit to emotional feelings like ‘I want guys to be interested in me etc’ but honestly, part of my motivation for wanting to get in shape before I move is along the lines of ‘come at me, hot Scandinavian men like Alexander Skarsgard in True Blood.’ O.M.G. :love-struck:

I had a great run health and fitness wise between April and the beginning of June, then fell off the wagon, hard, during the past month (although I did manage to complete my first half-marathon during that time...woo!). But now begins the process of dragging myself up again, hopefully losing some weight, looking and feeling better, and being able to pack my ‘still awesome but unfortunately one size too small’ coat for my next European adventure.

As far as immediate battle plans go, I want to:

a) kick my chocolate addiction/lose 5kg in the next 3 months. I need to eat around 1200 calories per day to lose weight which is super low (I'm not very big, and I have a sedentary job so I don't have a high BMR), and chocolate is so calorie-dense that there's absolutely no room for it in my diet!

and

B) get back into my running groove - I've committed to a very hilly 10k fun run with a friend in 3 weeks time, and I know what I need to do to get back to that level. No excuses!

I’ve been a long time reader of Steve’s blog, and am so glad to have found this community. Thanks for having me :)

Way to go on completing your first half, even in a slump! It sounds like you have great goals! Welcome to the rebellion!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Archived