Forums are back in action! ×

So I want to exercise more

Jcannon98188

So I spend a lot of time at home, bored out of my mind. This leads me to mindlessly spend time on the internet, which does absolutely nothing towards my goals of becoming stronger and healthier. I have recently discovered a love of exercise, except after about 30 minutes of exercise I am dead tired (le sigh I know). I am pretty sure it is a good solid workout, as I end up working till fatigue every day (pushups/squats one day, pullups and core workouts the next, switch off). Anyone have any good and fun ways to keep myself busy for longer than this?

yes....start playing with your exercise. What I mean, is make your exercise also your play time, it completely changes things when you are having fun and not just 'exercising'....even if you have a new found love for exercise.

some thoughts:

1. Go to a park and climb every tree you can. climb one, run to another, climb, run to next, climb, rinse repeat.

2. find a dog that likes to play chase, or feth, and your goal is to out run him/her to a certain spot, or toss a ball and beat them to it.

3. Find a work out buddy, and instead of just doing regular ol squats....have them jump on your back, and you run as far as you can...then switch it up.

4. Go play a game of ultimate frisbee

5. get a rope and pull a car!

6. get a rope, tie it to a tree and see how long and far you can swing like tarzan

7. get a rope/elastic band, get a friend...tie it to your waist, while the other one holds it and you run like hell while they try to hold you back.

those are just a few :D

Funny story about #6, my mom was wanting some smallish branches removed from a tree, but we didn't have a saw or an axe. They were flexible branches, but not flexible enough to snap. So I climbed the tree, grabbed a hold of a branch, and would swing from them until they snapped. Hurt like crap (tree burn, like rope burn, but more painful) but it was pretty fun.

Archived