Forums are back in action! ×

Anger management?

LordOfTime

Ok maybe this is just because I haven't been taking my depression med, but does anyone else feel like since they've started seriously working out, they've had a much shorter temper?

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

Actually, most people find that working out gives them a longer temper, not a shorter one. Exercise is a hormone balancer and stress reliever.

I think your meds (or lack thereof) are the problem. Or possibly your diet. Take your meds and make sure you're eating (and sleeping!) appropriately. Going off your meds without a doctor's approval is a bad idea, so don't do it.

p.s. If you are overtaxing your body, that might cause you to feel more stressed out. Try resting (no workout or very gentle workout, such as walks) for a day or two, get plenty of sleep and good food, and see if that helps.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

It's the opposite for me, I was actually told to keep working out and if I feel over-stressed to the point of blowing up either go for a walk or do push-ups; and fyi people will look at you weird if you drop and do push ups in the middle of the office lol

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I actually start going a little Hulk-mode if I miss too many workout days. Things don't get to me when I have something more pressing going on (usually a barbell pressing into my shoulders) and after a workout, I'm too beat to care about anything.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Ok maybe this is just because I haven't been taking my depression med, but does anyone else feel like since they've started seriously working out, they've had a much shorter temper?

Did you taper off your meds or did you stop taking all together?

I ask because I am on them too, and I tried cold turkey for a few days and just everything made me want to scream.

Working out should help with the temper but it can't be a full on replacement right away. I hope it helps.

Happy. Dreamer. Runner. Teacher. Fighter. Girl.

My journey for the juju.

KellyElizabeth's First Challenge Thread

I've recently taken up yoga and meditation. It has had a positive effect on my mood and internal feelings more than regular workouts. I do give some credit to my yoga teacher being a very calming person.

Regular workouts are kind of a strange mental experience for me. Lifting heavy weights or running tends to put me in a mental state that allows a lot of negative feelings to come to the surface. I have quite a bit of difficulty dealing with these feelings and tend to get angry during my workouts. Yoga has an opposite effect for me.

I've tapered off them, I just got tired of having to remember to take them (forgot a lot). I feel like I get restless and irritable until I workout, then I'm a little better. I would prefer to stay off them and have been trying to channel my negative energy into working out, but once school starts up and I start getting stressed I'll probably have to start taking them again :/

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

I've tapered off them, I just got tired of having to remember to take them (forgot a lot). I feel like I get restless and irritable until I workout, then I'm a little better. I would prefer to stay off them and have been trying to channel my negative energy into working out, but once school starts up and I start getting stressed I'll probably have to start taking them again :/

I can relate. I'm tapering and I forget sometimes, then I get nausea and sick and it's this horrible cycle. Now I'm stressing because of school and finding a new job and all that.

I say keep channeling the negative into your work out, and eventually you'll taper enough to be done.

At least that's my hope.

Happy. Dreamer. Runner. Teacher. Fighter. Girl.

My journey for the juju.

KellyElizabeth's First Challenge Thread

I've managed to stay off them for the past five years. It's not been easy and I've almost went back to them several times. Maybe will have to yet, who knows?

It does help to try and channel it into a workout. I've had a lot better moods since I've started getting healthy. Cardio (running) has been the biggest helper for me. I hope you don't end up having to go back on them. Good luck with it!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Thanks everyone!

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Challenge

1 2 3

Archived