Forums are back in action! ×

Getting stronger but also a GUT!

TherRedPill

Bulk and cut in a BF% band.

For example bulk at 10% BF, cut at 15% BF, cycle between the two, you'll always stay in the 10-15% band and will merely lose ab definition as you bulk, then it is time to cut, get it back, and start the process over. You always wil stay in the ideal 10%-15% band for muscle growth (above and below that a greater % of weight gained is fat).

All methods for low fat bulking sacrifice efficiency significantly in the name of preventing any fat gain. If you bulk for 12 weeks and cut for 12 weeks, you will make more progress than if you lean bulk for 24 weeks.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Bulk and cut in a BF% band.

For example bulk at 10% BF, cut at 15% BF, cycle between the two, you'll always stay in the 10-15% band and will merely lose ab definition as you bulk, then it is time to cut, get it back, and start the process over. You always wil stay in the ideal 10%-15% band for muscle growth (above and below that a greater % of weight gained is fat).

All methods for low fat bulking sacrifice efficiency significantly in the name of preventing any fat gain. If you bulk for 12 weeks and cut for 12 weeks, you will make more progress than if you lean bulk for 24 weeks.

Truth. I tried explaining this when he was in chat as well, but not as eloquently as you. :)

What's wrong with a gut... you can rest stuff on it.

HA HA HA

My wife and I had a kid two months ago. My eating went out the window when The Boy Wonder showed up, and, consequently, I got a gut. Now I have the perfect shelf for the baby. I told my wife it was obviously an evolutionary adaptation... ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Capt. James Tiberius Kirk kicked everybody's ass in this and a mirror universe (yes, even though I hate to admit it, Klingons too). Yet he had a gut and wasn't afraid to go shirtless.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Archived