Forums are back in action! ×

Evening everyone!

Hey Everyone :D

Hope you guys are having a nice day today. :)

Im quite new here but i actually joined this forum few weeks back, I was lost at first and i have no idea what to do on here really. Ive looked at some threads and saw some of the posts that are broken into categories such as Ninja, warrior, druid etc.. Can someone tell me a bit about that as im a little confused?

On the side note, I was always a overweight and chubby person, during my teen i ate anything i wanted but i did play football like mad and never really dropped weight nor did it bother me that much before, thats till i got into late teen years. 3 Years ago i decided i had enough of being called "naturally" a big person and for people laughing behind my back that i got up and joined gym and followed a diet. Im 25 now and ive lost 25kgs so far which im proud of, but right now ive decided to get fit and nicely toned, just like one of those people you see in Reebok or Nike ads. I went on holidays 3 weeks ago and was away for two weeks and therefore i gained weight and plus i got sick this week which halted my plans to get out and run this week. :( But next week im starting all over, ive paid a membership at new gym for three months and its time i bust my own ass. Ill follow Paelo diet fully for 4 weeks then ill add on a few things like a bit of dairy and porridge only. You guys think its a good idea? Also I would like to hear any tips you guys have. Next year I would like to compete in Tough mudder and start training in cross fit too. Now let me apologise for some of non senseless rambling and im hoping to hear from you. Rock on warriors! :D

Hey RC86!

I'm completely new here, so maybe one of the others would like to explain Classes to you (near as I can tell it's to do with: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/05/10/real-life-role-playing-what-is-your-profession/).

I have heard of Tough Mudder though; Yikes! Best of luck to you, and I hope you do get to compete. It looks absolutely brutal, but also fun. ;)

Level 1 Human Assassin/Monk.

Hi! Welcome to the Rebellion! I don't know what porridge is, but I have some dairy in my diet (primal not really paleo, but it all comes down to eat real food anyway, right?)

Good luck to you, glad you're here!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hi, RC86! Paleo is always a great idea. I'm like 70-80% eating Primal/Paleo, and I enjoy the fresh foods because I feel better. Even the occasional breakfast salad is a nice start to the day. I don't have any commercial gym experience (big fan of the body weight and playground workouts because they're free :D), but I did find this post on Steve's blog. And this other post about gyms was just funny :).

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Hey Cairenne! Ive just read the link you gave me and it made a bit of sense to me according to what stand to what but If im right, if i want to become a Ranger "when i grow up" I go into the Ranger thread posts and gwt to know people there nad follow some exercises they post or do i post my own to fit that "Ranger" category? Sorry, im just lost lol, but thanks for your help :)

Hi, RC86! Paleo is always a great idea. I'm like 70-80% eating Primal/Paleo, and I enjoy the fresh foods because I feel better. Even the occasional breakfast salad is a nice start to the day. I don't have any commercial gym experience (big fan of the body weight and playground workouts because they're free :D), but I did find this post on Steve's blog. And this other post about gyms was just funny :).

Hahah I found that " 6 species youll encounter in gym" post funny :P Thanks for sharing! As for paelo diet ill leave out dairy for few weeks to strip my body off the fat as ive gained a bit of weight then after maybe 3 weeks ill add on dairy on but it will be limited and ill only eat greek yoghurt and a bit of oat porridge which is a grain and i know thats not really paelo but oh well. Thanks for your shares guys! Ill start this monday so i hope ill stick to it! :D

Hm, still figuring this out myself lol. No worries. :)

There are two sections I've noticed where your 'Class' matters; in the first section its to do with the 6 week challenges which I believe you have to sign up for. The second section is the guild bit, and I think you can just go on in and introduce yourself, make your own thread if you want, and so on. I'm sure the other Rangers would be able to help you out with that too!

Level 1 Human Assassin/Monk.

Archived