Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I'm Sandy. Trying to follow instructions by posting something here in the Recruitment Hall, so here goes.

My story: I'm over 40, overweight and completely new at all of this. I have four kids and I go to school. As the kids were growing up the weight was creeping on and I just never made a firm commitment to do anything about it. There was also so much conflicting information that I didn't know what to do about it anyway. I think my story is pretty typical.

My battle plan: Right now I'm doing my workouts in a four-day rotation; Day one, body-weight circuit; Day two, treadmill; Day three, yoga; Day four, rest. The treadmill is because it's here, it's easy and I'm not ready for sprints yet. The body-weight circuit is my favorite. I've also been doing the 100 push-ups program. I'm up to 50! (knee push-ups)

I'm eating paleo-ish for the moment. I've cut back carbs to one a day and I'm working on cutting out sugar. I'm pretty frustrated with this at the moment, but I read somewhere that eating paleo means redefining our relationship with failure, so maybe my frustration is normal. I like lifting weights and building strength is the goal, so paleo seems the obvious choice.

What I'll bring to the table: Well, since I'm completely new to all of this, probably not that much in the way of practical information or useful tips. But, if I believe in what you're doing, I may not be able to help, but I'll cheer you on every step of the way.

Archived