Forums are back in action! ×

Plateau Issues - need help

ranestorm

Sometimes running the numbers is a bit of a shocker :) A couple of questions - why are you using the formula to calculate your daily caloric expenditures if you have actual , real-world data from tracking? The tracked numbers will give you a much more accurate number, whereas the calculation can only give you an estimate. Second question - what kinds of foods do you eat? Do you struggle with the volume of food, or the heaviness, or something else?

How exactly should I calculate it I have no sea. BMR 1558. I burn around 500 calories on any given day and I eat around 1500 calories. I'm not really sure how much I should be eating...

Sometimes running the numbers is a bit of a shocker :) A couple of questions - why are you using the formula to calculate your daily caloric expenditures if you have actual , real-world data from tracking? The tracked numbers will give you a much more accurate number, whereas the calculation can only give you an estimate. Second question - what kinds of foods do you eat? Do you struggle with the volume of food, or the heaviness, or something else?

Also I eat mostly protein and veggies. Carbs usually run between 80-100g. I eat some fruit. Not much maybe a handful of strawberries in my Greek yogurt. Eggs/veggies for breakfast. Salad protein lunch. Snack on romaine or snap peas and chicken. Sometimes oatmeal depending on the day.

I'm not 100% sure. my BMR is 1558. my total daily expenditures (1558*1.55) is 2414. holy cow! I was eating 1400 calories (or more) under this every day! I'm holding steady around 1500 calories (which is hovering extremely close to that 1000 calories per day). Now I'm wondering if even this is eating too little. I get so full now - I need to see what 1800 calories looks like over the course of a day. Right now I'm struggling with 1500.

What I mean is, that you are using a calculation above (estimated BMR of 1558 x 1.55) to give you an estimated caloric expenditure number (2414). But, then you are also tracking your activities, which can be used to determine your energy expenditure. I was just wondering where the calculation (BMRx1.55) came from since you seem to be tracking everything anyway and so could use that actual data to determine your true daily energy expenditure?

Regardless, I think 2414 calories/day is probably sort of close to your true caloric expenditures, and I think your new plan of 1500 calories per day is going to give you better results :) You're going to come flying out of the other side of this plateau!!! Looking forward to seeing your victory post :)

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Archived