Forums are back in action! ×

New recruit to the rebellion!

Hello fellow rebels!

The name is Jason and I'm from the Boston area in Massachusetts. I'm 38 years old and work as a tech support analyst.

I've been doing quite a bit of online research lately looking for ways to mix things up in my fitness and health. I came across http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ a few weeks ago and really felt an immediate connection to the whole primal/paleo lifestyle. I had heard mention of the paleo diet in the past but just tossed it aside as yet another fad diet. Since diets really hadn't worked for me in the past, it just seemed like another one. This time, the writing on MDA pulled me in and once I started really getting into the subject, the logic and clearness of the lifestyle just clicked.

I devoured the website and pretty much any info I could pick up. I bought and read Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat and Mark Sisson's The Primal Blueprint. The last three weeks I've cut out all grains, processed foods, and vegetable oils in my house and cooking. I've also completely changed what I eat when I travel to follow the primal/paleo diet. In the last three weeks I've lost 8 pounts and I'm feeling great.

Now I'm looking to continue that and work on getting fit. I found out about Nerd Fitness through Mark's Daily Apple and hopped on over to check it out. Being a nerd myself, I felt instantly at home while reading through the forums. I'm looking forward to digging in more and getting to know what looks to be a great community.

J

Archived